Can't Open Origin

Shocking777

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2013
So for the past 6 months i can't open Origin and can't play the games that i have on Origin. I tried reinstalling it and it doesnt work, When i open origin and tried to right click it on the taskbar (the bottom right corner) it doesn't show any commands to do(like open origin,exit origin,etc) Can anybody help me please?

Solution
There is one thing i know for a fact that will fix it. You will have to do a clean install of windows. All you have to do is pop in the windows disc in a CD drive and boot from it OR boot from a USB with the windows ISO on it and format your drive, then re install windows. This will fix it, but it will delete everything you dont backup and you will have to reinstall everything. Good luck.
There is one thing i know for a fact that will fix it. You will have to do a clean install of windows. All you have to do is pop in the windows disc in a CD drive and boot from it OR boot from a USB with the windows ISO on it and format your drive, then re install windows. This will fix it, but it will delete everything you dont backup and you will have to reinstall everything. Good luck.

Solution

BrendanL135

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
I had the same issue, where it wasn't opening, it also wasn't showing up in my hidden apps, and it wasn't running in my task manager! I tried some things and nothing worked. Then I decided to try something that I thought of. I opened my task manager again, found the Origin app, which like I said wasn't currently running so I had to scroll down further to find it, I right clicked on it and clicked, "end task". I then exited out of task manager and tried to open Origin again and it worked perfectly fine! Hope this helps anyone!