Question Can't overclock controller and games feel stuttery/input lag while playing

Aug 17, 2024
I can't overclock my controller because I would have to turn of driver signature enforcement everytime I reset my PC, or turn disable secure boot, but even when I did try both of those methods to overclock my controller to see how it felt, it made my controller unusable and I could not even play. So I leave secure boot on and dont turn off driver signature, but I still get a little bit of input lag which makes it a bit annoying when playing any games.

I recently just put together a new build from parts I was already using mixed with some new ones. I got a new case, new cooler (my cpu was overheating), new motherboard, and added more fans in my case for aesthetic as well as trying to counter my CPU getting to hot again. Everything works and looks great, other then when I plug in my controller to play games, I feel slight input lag with everything default, and my controller becomes unusable if I overclock it.

Last bit of information just in case it might be important; I turned off the "cpu overdrive" setting in BIOS (that might not be the exact name) that I believe was a overclock that I thought might be contributing to the problem, as well as something called "kombo strike" or something that I also believe was doing something to my CPU. Since I was having previous overheating issues with my CPU, I thought those might be the reason that I am getting super laggy performance and turned them off. Maybe my CPU is now not performing well enough and that is causing the lag?

I would appreciate any help, I am sorry that I could not provide more insight, all I know is I cannot overclock my controller and I get mini input-lag/stutters now that I never got on my old build or on my PS5. Something is off about it. Thanks!

EDIT: Here is my build; View: https://imgur.com/a/0SCf0oq

Last edited:
Well since you did not state what hardware we are try to diagnose, my first thought would be
Did you wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows?
A new system with an old windows install is always a hit or miss situation.
Overclocking any part of an unstable system is just asking for more problems.
I'm an overclocker so don't take that comment as criticism . Get it stable first then overclock away.
Then when it becomes unstable you know it was the overclock s fault and not something else.

Aug 17, 2024
Well since you did not state what hardware we are try to diagnose, my first thought would be
Did you wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows?
A new system with an old windows install is always a hit or miss situation.
Overclocking any part of an unstable system is just asking for more problems.
I'm an overclocker so don't take that comment as criticism . Get it stable first then overclock away.
Then when it becomes unstable you know it was the overclock s fault and not something else.
Ahh I thought I was forgetting something, sorry. I will link my build below. But to answer your question, no, I did not reinstall windows I just swapped SSD to new motherboard.

View: https://imgur.com/a/0SCf0oq