Question Can't pass POST (?) Asus ROG Strix Gaming-A + DDR4 vengeance Pro 3600mhz SL

Apr 23, 2023
Hello guys.

I've recently purchased a new motherboard (Asus B550-A) and 4x 16gb RAM 3600mhz.
Got a Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070TI, and 5 disks (2x M2, 1x M2 with adapter on graphic card slot #2 a SSD and a HDD)
I did some turn on/off tests and if i keep RAM at defeault (no DCOP) at 2100mhz I --> THINK <-- it always turn on normally.
If I enable it and put 3600mhz it got stuck on motherboard first light and only turns on fans and don't even turn on the screen. I turn the PC off, and restart it and same thing. I then (maybe its jsut luck) turn off the button behind and turn it on again and it loads fine.
Idk whats wrong or if i need to set smth different on the RAms in BIOS. IDK if BIOS is updated, enver did that. If its done by Armoury Crate software should be all updated. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Apr 23, 2023
So I did it, it was a version shy of the last update.
Tried to aply the OCDP or whatever is the Overclock thingie. and PC started rebooting one time randomly (liek crashing and booting) . I tried to reboot when i got to windows, and same crashed again. Tried 3200 instead of 3600, no crash but got stuck agian at POST, had to force rboot manually. When i got to windows iCUE didnt recognized RAMs xD
So I went on bios again, turned off DCOP and puted manually the 3200mhz, seems its working now on iCUE but need more tests for POST I guess. But point was having the Overclocking thingie :/ buying 3.6 and using 3.2...i dunno

Apr 23, 2023
So I did it, it was a version shy of the last update.
Tried to aply the OCDP or whatever is the Overclock thingie. and PC started rebooting one time randomly (liek crashing and booting) . I tried to reboot when i got to windows, and same crashed again. Tried 3200 instead of 3600, no crash but got stuck agian at POST, had to force rboot manually. When i got to windows iCUE didnt recognized RAMs xD
So I went on bios again, turned off DCOP and puted manually the 3200mhz, seems its working now on iCUE but need more tests for POST I guess. But point was having the Overclocking thingie :/ buying 3.6 and using 3.2...i dunno
Got stuck in post with everything in auto and manually changed only the frequency to 3200mhz.
Had to press the power buttong and turn it off, and turn on agian for it to boot...what the hell..........

rgd1101

Don't
test with 1 stick or 2.

read this on mixing kit. might have to manually oc.

Apr 23, 2023
test with 1 stick or 2.

read this on mixing kit. might have to manually oc.
Tested with 2, seems to boot up nicely. But still at 3200mhz. The kits are exactly the same

Apr 23, 2023
I'm gonna be honest, im not a computer geek, and that seems alot of information for me....I'm not a good hardware guy either..i just wanted some rams better then my old ones after i traded the motherboard...
With 2 rams iCUE also dont detect i have rams lol

For some reason it seems to boot fine if i turn the power back big switch off to cut the power and turn it back on. Seems never to fail POST. I dunno, i'm really sad about this stituation x.x

Last edited: