Can't play any mp3 files on Windows 10!

Rhythmm

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
I am having a weird problem. I recently updated my windows 10 to the new creators update. Everything was fine before the update but now i am not able to listen to any mp3 or mp4 files. I have tried windows media player, groove music, vlc and even spotify. Some of them simply do not play the file, but vlc is playing the file but I can't hear anything!

I have tried re-installing my audio driver but still no use. Disabled all the other sound devices that are not in use but still the same issue. Please help!

PS - I am getting system sounds and also able to listen on youtube and in games but just the mp3 and mp4 files are not playing any sound.

Solution
well at least it works now. I couldn't replicate the problem on mine. Kind of reminds of this weird problem I had back in the Vista era where if I played specific mp3 files it would actually crash my whole system.

Rhythmm

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016

Yes I have tried downloading new mp3/mp4 file but still no use. And yes I have tried reinstalling the music players and its still the same :(

Rhythmm

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016

As I mentioned , I am getting system sound and sound in games and youtube videos. But when i play mp3 or mp4 files, there is absolutely no sound.

Rhythmm

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Just if anyone else stumbles upon this thread while facing this issue - I couldn't find any solution to this problem , so I had to reinstall windows and it fixed the issue :)

Rhythmm

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016

That would have been some kind of virus I guess..