Can't play any videos, on or offline.

ninjaboxerirl

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
Hi, I have NVIDIA Quadro NVS 440 graphics on an ACPI x64 PC, 6 core AMD FX(tm) 6300 350GHz processor with 8 GB RAM, Win 7 Professional with 573.3 GB free space and triple display.

Gradually this problem has got worse and worse, beginning with Chrome starting to play videos in Facebook and Youtube but stopping to reload and never finishing- and now, offline in any software to play or edit doing the same thing- or never starting them at all. It's becoming very frustrating.

I've updated graphics drivers (but it tells me they are the newest, been on NVIDIA site but there's nothing new), updated Flash,, CCleaned and registry checked, defragged but nothing works.
Any help appreciated please.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
tha gpu is perhaps 7 years old now, nvidia abandoned it years ago so drivers are old and bad

if you want better experience, it is time to move to a gpu with at least 1 gb of vram because 256mbs this days, for a quadro, well, it doesn't help on any processing task at all

about the issue, try with other web browser, chrome is not the best out there but the triple display setup will work better on a real modern capable gpu

ninjaboxerirl

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015

Thank you. I've tried it in IE but it's the same.

I don't suppose you could recommend anything? I don't do gaming but I do do the odd bit of video editing and have a few fairly hefty applications running at once.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the video editing will benefit form a better gpu, so a new gpu with more vram, faster and with more cuda cores, is a must on your case

256mbs of vram, this days, for a multiple monitor setup, working on video edition, well, is a no go

especially with hardware abandoned by the manufacturer, like this gpu, 10 years old iirc now

tha thing has dvi and displayport right? surely 2 dvis and one displayport

get a cheap gtx1050, it will have 1 dvi, 1 hdmi and 1 displayport, will have minimum 2 gbs of vram and will be at least 5 times faster for everything, surely more

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
weird setup, you will benefit from a gpu update, and get rid of the dvi splitter

the gpu will surely come with one dvi, one hdmi and one displayport so you will need a hdmi to displayport converter or use a hdmi input in one of your monitors, less adapters is always better, cheaper and less porblematic

ninjaboxerirl

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
UPDATE: So I've replaced my video card with a Geforce GTX 750 T1 (4GB) and I still have the problem. I play videos I'm creating (this one is 5 minutes long) in VSDC Editor and randomly it just stops playing, shows me the pause button and won't restart. I can drag the bar through the frames in preview but no way to restart it. The problem also occurs in every form of video playing on or offline. If I update the driver (when it will) it will usually fix it temporarily but this can be a couple of times a day and it's becoming a real pain.
Any help please?