Can't play audio from multiple sources

thedouggle

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
So, I'm finding that if I have watched a youtube video, and the window/tab is still up, and I try to watch another youtube video, it will load without sound, or will state "An error occurred, please try again later." on the youtube screen.

Also, if I've watched a movie on VLC player, and the program remains open, I can't play another instance of VLC or a youtube video, or I'll load a video game with VLC still open or a youtube window open and the sound won't be there. I like to leave my windows open, I do game mods and like to hope between games and youtube videos interchangeably.

At times I will notice in my sound options, sometimes audio will be coming out of Digital Out as well as Analog Speakers, and having my SPDIF plugged in makes no difference in this.

I'm about to reformat because it has been so persistent over the last months. I want to say it started when I got my GTX 660, so maybe the sound drivers are wonky from that, but I've tried disabling things in Device manager to no avail. If someone knows what's going on, that would be awesome, because I'm about to just reformat, but would really rather not.

Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 w/dolby home theater
AMD Phenom II x6 1090t
Patriot Viper 8Gb 2x4 1600
ASUS gtx 660 oc
driver: 320.49
Logitech Z906 5.1

thedouggle

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

Checking the "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" under the speakers' advanced tab is now sending the second instance of audio through my Digital out. They were both unchecked. Attempting to disable the digital outputs then results in the youtube error. Thank you for the idea, it could have been part1 of a few settings I may have messed with in the past. I can now plug in my SPDIF and just switch between inputs on my Logitech receiver, but not quite fixed. Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thedouggle

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

Still results in the ERROR message. Going to uninstall all sound drivers tonight and let windows auto update with my fingers crossed. Any more suggestions would be appreciated!

thedouggle

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

Yeah, uninstalling the drivers, disconnecting from the internet, and installing just the MB installer worked. Thanks for the help.