Can't post imgur links

Bob McCully

Reputable
Aug 13, 2020
Hi guys, I want to add some images to a support request I've made, but when I paste the link from imgur into the photo prompt it tells me 'image cannot be posted from the passed link'

What's going on?

Colif

Win 11 Master
hmm, below are instructions that should work
go here - https://imgur.com/
you might need to set up a user.

click on New Post which will display next screen where you can select image(s) - hold Ctrl while selecting images in explorer to get multiple
z7sIOSj.jpeg

Once uploaded, images will show on the next page
i3t7EGv.jpg

right clicking an image (once its shown its completely uploaded - shows a green label when it does) and choosing open in new tab gives access to the jpg image
to insert this into a post, see instructions below for direct link

To see older uploaded photo, click on username and choose images, will show bottom page or similar
ZPpJNHS.jpeg

if you click any image on this page it shows as below:

yQU9Er7.jpg

if you click the Image link button on this page above, and then copy paste the link into the Insert, media option in photo below,
VzhAlKA.jpg

it will show as:
if you click it, it opens in imgur

whereas if you copy the Direct link and then use the insert image option, it appears as
2YSmewE.jpg

if you click it, it opens a bigger picture on another page of forums, and you can use an option at top to go to imgur, make it full screen, save a copy or close image.

The advantage to using the jpg is it can be resized

once its in the thread you can highlight the image
YTK3AwW.jpg

squares will appear on corners allowing you to resize image

If you just copy/paste an image into text block, it will use the Gallery view (1st image)