Cant reset the bios as keyboard not working on samsung notebook np350e7 and cant find the jumper cables. c

psykotikfraggle

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
Hi. my lappy wouldnt boot up last night and kept going to the bios screen. After loads of attempts at system recovery etc, none of which helped, I think I must have changed the settings as the keyboard is no longer working and I cant enter bios or boot menu. All I get is the samsung loading screen.
I have spent hours taking the laptop apart to try to remove the CMOS battery but unless I am going crazy (possible) there isnt a removable one on my motherboard. I have also searched for the jump cables but cant see anything that looks like it would do anything.to help.
Please could anyone advise me how I can reset the BIOS as its driving me crazy. Thanks x

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
Laptop CMOS batteries are often covered in shrink wrap and paired with an attached small dual-lead cable. It will still be round in appearance. Failing that, contact the manufacturer for assistance.
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

psykotikfraggle

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
I have spoken to Samsung this morning and apparently they have made life harder by using the soldered on rechargable CMOS battery so that ruined that idea. They didnt seem to want to help me find the jumper cables (although of course they would have their people look at it if I pay a fortune). It is so fraustrating knowing that it is an easy fix that I am quite capable of doing if I could just locate the blooming cable. lol.