Cant reset windows to factory setting!

SonicBlackbird

Reputable
May 23, 2015
Help me please i have been at this for several hours now. So i am selling my computer so i am going to factory reset it for the guy i am selling it to but when i got to factory reset not from a restore it won let me. It says i cant not get to the windows restore thing and i went into the BIOs of my computer and selected to reset from factory but still wont let me. Someone please help i want to totally reset my computer from scratch i have the windows 7 CD to reset it and all my driver CDs if someone could help it would be really cool here's my specs if they make a difference or help
● (Processor) Intel Core i5 4690k (Quad Core)
● (Motherboard) MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate
● (GPU) ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2GB RAM GDDR5
● (RAM) Cosair Vengance 8gb DDR3
● (Case) NZXT Source 210
● (PSU) EVGA 500W 80 Plus
● (Disc Drive) ASUS DRW-24B
● (Storage) Western Digital 1TB INT Hard Drive
● (OS) Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Solution
Go to startup or system repair at boot, using your cd or hard drive as a boot option, and open a command prompt, type these in
While in cmd type:
Diskpart
List disk
Select disk (# you want to completely erase)
List partition
Select partition (partition # you want to wipe)
Clean

Now, all you need to do is boot using a windows 7 OS disk and install windows 7 on the disk you just cleaned (or erased) in diskpart

Make sure you aren't deleting the partition that is around 100MB in size, that is the partition with the windows boot files to allow it to boot.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Go to startup or system repair at boot, using your cd or hard drive as a boot option, and open a command prompt, type these in
While in cmd type:
Diskpart
List disk
Select disk (# you want to completely erase)
List partition
Select partition (partition # you want to wipe)
Clean

Now, all you need to do is boot using a windows 7 OS disk and install windows 7 on the disk you just cleaned (or erased) in diskpart

Make sure you aren't deleting the partition that is around 100MB in size, that is the partition with the windows boot files to allow it to boot.

Solution