Question Can't Run 75hz at FullScreen Games

edu76e

Prominent
Apr 10, 2018
Hello everyone,

I just got this monitor recently: AOC G2260VWQ6.

I noticed since I got this monitor that when I'm playing in fullscreen and at max resolution (1920x1080) I just can select or use 60Hz. But When I am in desktop or watching any video, or doing something else I can use 75Hz (I tested at UFO Test)

Is this normal?

I am using hdmi cable and already changed to a custom resolution at NVIDIA Control Panel.
5vRNJY.jpg

edu76e

Prominent
Apr 10, 2018
Have you tested using DisplayPort?

Usually, if you can achieve 75Hz... you can run 75Hz, it's pretty cut & dry.
Very strange that you're dropping to 60Hz in fullscreen. HDMI 1.4 can still push 75Hz 1080p, but DP should be used here.

In first of all thanks for answering,

Sadly I cannot use DP. It is really strange. I already checked everywhere and did such a big research and couldn't find the answer anywhere. Might be the hdmi cable?

Another example:
jMrZO3.jpg

UXveB5.jpg

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
  1. Why can you not use DP?
  2. Can you override the refresh rate in game? It's not greyed out or anything, perhaps you can toggle to 75Hz?

Shouldn't be a problem with an HDMI cable. For the most part, a cable works, or it doesn't.
HDMI 1.4 should still be capable of 75Hz.... is the issue present in windowed mode?

edu76e

Prominent
Apr 10, 2018
  1. Why can you not use DP?
  2. Can you override the refresh rate in game? It's not greyed out or anything, perhaps you can toggle to 75Hz?
Shouldn't be a problem with an HDMI cable. For the most part, a cable works, or it doesn't.
HDMI 1.4 should still be capable of 75Hz.... is the issue present in windowed mode?

1. I do not have port.
w140Kr.jpg

2. I can't. It just shows me 60Hz Available.

In the windowed mode I can run at 75Hz. That's why it looks so strange.