[SOLVED] Can't see any computers on my network

idunnoy

Prominent
Feb 28, 2020
So, I have 7 devices(4 computers) connected to my network. I have one that's file sharing, but none of the computers on the network can see any of the others, including themselves. I was wondering what is happening and how I fix it.

Solution
Doublecheck the file and print settings. Ensure that the computers are configured to be seen by other network devices.

Type "Manage Advanced Sharing Settings" into the "Type here to search box" usually in the lower left screen corner. (You can also use Control Panel.)

If the above does not work then on each computer run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

Look at the IP addresses being assigned and compare to the router's IP configuration settings.

Post the results for one of the computers.

What make and model router are you using?

Ralston18

Titan
Doublecheck the file and print settings. Ensure that the computers are configured to be seen by other network devices.

Type "Manage Advanced Sharing Settings" into the "Type here to search box" usually in the lower left screen corner. (You can also use Control Panel.)

If the above does not work then on each computer run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

Look at the IP addresses being assigned and compare to the router's IP configuration settings.

Post the results for one of the computers.

What make and model router are you using?

Solution