Question Can't see the difference between SD & HD

curoius

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
Hi,

I am using this tv

I am using digital cable with a 1080 i set top box.

The difference in picture quality between SD and HD channels is not that great.

Is this because of my TV or my signal type (digital cable) ?

Do you think I will get better HD picture quality if I switch to DTH ?

Are you certain that your media provider is actually routing true HD signals to your subscriber account?

In our area, I actually had to call our provider to have the HD content fed to us, even though the "set-top box" is the same for both media types. Bummer because the only person in our family who watches TV is my 95 year-old father, and it wasn't cheap....but he's definitely worth it.

curoius

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
@jsmithepa
My TV is 720p. Do you think that's the reason I am not able to enjoy HD channels to the fullest ?

@AllanGH
Yes I am quite sure my provider is providing true HD channels coz in comparison to other HD channels there is one channel called "VH1 HD" which has stunning picture quality.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
@jsmithepa
My TV is 720p. Do you think that's the reason I am not able to enjoy HD channels to the fullest ?

@AllanGH
Yes I am quite sure my provider is providing true HD channels coz in comparison to other HD channels there is one channel called "VH1 HD" which has stunning picture quality.
Yes, the fact that your TV is 720p will limit you. Setting your cable box to 720p rather than 1080i may improve your picture.

TRENDING THREADS