Can't see USB Device Anywhere!!

Guys,
I've just bought a new USB storage device, and it seems detected
properly by my desktop when inserted, but I can't see any allocated
drive name to it! In the device manager, it says that it works
perfectly. Shouldn't the OS allocate the next drive letter to it (in
my case, C and E are the hard disk, and D is the CD. Shouldn't F be
pointing to this USB device then?) Thanx.

Daniel

danielroy10junk@hotmail.com (Daniel Roy) wrote in message news:<3722db.0503281536.449e03fe@posting.google.com>...
> Guys,
> I've just bought a new USB storage device, and it seems detected
> properly by my desktop when inserted, but I can't see any allocated
> drive name to it! In the device manager, it says that it works
> perfectly. Shouldn't the OS allocate the next drive letter to it (in
> my case, C and E are the hard disk, and D is the CD. Shouldn't F be
> pointing to this USB device then?) Thanx.
>
> Daniel

I'd just like to add that when inserted in my work laptop, the USB
device is also detected successfully, and in that case drive E is
allocated to it. I run Win XP Home Edition on this laptop.

Daniel

Assign a letter in disk management.

F1, disk management , follow the links.