Question Can't seem to get this GPU to work...

Jan 29, 2024
I just recently bought a Zotac GT730 4GB DDR3 from a friend. Brand new in the box, never used.
When trying to get it into my pc I am getting the slow "two beeps" indicating that there is a video issue. No video at all on the screen. All fans and things turn on as normal.
This pc is using a DH57DD Motherboard. I have a 350w PS.
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. JGIBX10J.86A.0656.2011.0428.1959, 4/28/2011. Legacy mode.
I verified in the bios that it should run off the PCIe slot and not the integrated.
I don't have another pc to test the card on, unfortunately.
I verified that it is seated properly. I verified that the PCIe slot is working using a different card.
I've done a lot of research to verify if this card is compatible with this MB and everything seems to check out.

If anyone has any advice or can explain why it might not be working that would be EXTREMELY appreciated. I've been banging my head on the wall trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Thank you in advance for any help.

I have a 350w PS
what specific make & model, and how old is it?
I verified in the bios that it should run off the PCIe slot and not the integrated.
I don't have another pc to test the card on, unfortunately.
I verified that it is seated properly. I verified that the PCIe slot is working using a different card.
so you are actually using the dedicated card's video out, not the onboard?

And yes. I verified that the priority in bios is for sure set to be the pcie. Not onboard.
that's not the same thing.
the graphics card and the motherboard should both have video output ports.

one set from the dedicated graphics card located at the PCIe slot.
one set from the onboard video located on the rear I/O panel.

just want to make sure your cable is connected to the actual graphics card and not the I/O panel.
PS is an IP-S350CQ2-0
if that is one of those old Power Man series PSUs then it is a very low quality unit not intended for any type of gaming system or really anything outside of low wattage basic office/home models.

i really wouldn't be surprised if it just couldn't provide the type of power needed for this system.
especially if it is actually from that 2010s series of units.

Jan 29, 2024
that's not the same thing.
the graphics card and the motherboard should both have video output ports.

one set from the dedicated graphics card located at the PCIe slot.
one set from the onboard video located on the rear I/O panel.

just want to make sure your cable is connected to the actual graphics card and not the I/O panel.

if that is one of those old Power Man series PSUs then it is a very low quality unit not intended for any type of gaming system or really anything outside of low wattage basic office/home models.

i really wouldn't be surprised if it just couldn't provide the type of power needed for this system.
especially if it is actually from that 2010s series of units.
All makes sense. I actually last night took apart an old computer I haven’t turned on in like 7 years.
I found a 700w PS so I’ll get it moved over.
I appreciate your help.

I found a 700w PS so I’ll get it moved over.
you should be cautious using old and/or unknown power supplies.

regardless of the amount of the wattage they claim they provide many are still dangerous to use in systems that require steady continuous power like gaming systems.

many users have watched their entire systems "go up in smoke" when using unreliable and/or dangerously wired units.
All makes sense.
but you never answered where the display cable is/was connected.

Jan 29, 2024
you should be cautious using old and/or unknown power supplies.

regardless of the amount of the wattage they claim they provide many are still dangerous to use in systems that require steady continuous power like gaming systems.

many users have watched their entire systems "go up in smoke" when using unreliable and/or dangerously wired units.

but you never answered where the display cable is/was connected.
The display cable is in the hdmi port of the card. Not directly into the motherboard.

For this power supply. It looks newer. I’ll have to do some research. It’s a Kentek GL-PSPK700B.
I still haven’t put it in yet. I like your advice of not just throwing misc parts in all willy nilly.

found it on walmarts website
appears to be a fairly cheap, lower quality unit.

try to find some additional information including the warranty offered by Kentek.
if it's anything under 7 years, i would not use it to power a graphics card.
personally, i wouldn't use anything with under 10 years.

since this appears to be a rather cheaper build it may not be that much of an issue with you though.

Jan 29, 2024
appears to be a fairly cheap, lower quality unit.

try to find some additional information including the warranty offered by Kentek.
if it's anything under 7 years, i would not use it to power a graphics card.
personally, i wouldn't use anything with under 10 years.

since this appears to be a rather cheaper build it may not be that much of an issue with you though.
Well… it’s not the PSU I guess. Still gives beeps after installing the 700w vs the older 350w. The 700w seems to work perfect.
The current card is a Nvidia quadro 420 only 2gb.
I need to find a card that will work with this MB.
I assume if THIS gt730 didn’t work, it’s safe to assume the next card might have the same issue.

I assume if THIS gt730 didn’t work, it’s safe to assume the next card might have the same issue.
always a possibility.

if there's a local PC/electronics repair shop around your area you may be able to contact them and get a cheap diagnostic done for the motherboard and/or the entire setup.
The 700w seems to work perfect.
regarding power supplies;
it's not whether they power on and work, it's more about how they can handle constant loads and the risk of damaging connected components.

with more expensive systems it becomes a rather bigger issue.
with cobbled together pieces of hardware and lower expense home/office builds it's not as big of a deal, but still something to consider.