Cant Select a Best Answer? Check here.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DjRenagade

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

How come it still says answer? Unless I have no idea what i'm doing (and I don't) I want it to be like so others can post a response not as a answer.

D

Deleted member 217926

With the thread as a question you can select a best answer. With the thread as a discussion ( as it was before I changed it ) it's just that. A discussion. No best answer is selected. Both types can have answers posted to them though.

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015
I've just unselected my own best answers that the thread starter [OP] gave me.
Why can I do that?
Is it normal?
Will I get them back?

USAFRet

Titan

If you unselected it, then no, you won't be credited for that.
Why did you unselect it?

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015
I thought he selected wrong because after I've got my other best answer in motherboards it has been taken away.

9n9SgMy.png

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015

Yes,as I already told you,I thought it was like in the previous case when my BA had to be out for a better one.
I thought the OP gave me a kind of a request.

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Look what I meant:
eDigJfj.png.

It says ''unselect current solution'' and ''pick up as the solution'',things that made me thought,in the previous cases,I gotta unselect those 2.

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015

Ok.Thanks.
How about my latest BAs?
Will you pick them up as mines,please?

USAFRet

Titan

What do you mean 'pick them up' ?
The selection of a BA is best left up to the person who started the thread.

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015

You're right.
But,anyone from the staff [as you are,for instance] can select/deselect the ''picked'' BA to provide the best content for the further members who may have the same issue.

USAFRet

Titan

Yes. But generally we don't, unless it is blatantly wrong, or if someone is trying to game the system.

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015
I see.
Well,I said it because...after I deselected the BAs,nobody else replied,and...if the answers are marked again as the solutions,further threads with same subjects will be rare/even inexistent.

D

Deleted member 217926

I fixed it for you.

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015

Thank you.
Best&sincerely regards.

Alyksandrei

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
Can someone unselect a "best answer" that a moderator apparently selected on a question I asked? The selected answer in no way answers my question - all it does is tell me to do what I already tried, which didn't work. I even replied to that post saying I had already tried it and that it didn't work, and got no response from the person who posted that answer. Someone else gave me something useful to try, although it didn't work, and if a question-thread must have a "best answer" to be closed, that one should get it. Otherwise, just close it without a best answer, because no-one posted an actual solution. I ended up finding it in another thread (which I cannot find now).

Thread in question: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2578727/permanently-hide-desktop-icons.html

USAFRet

Titan

Unselected, per your request.

Alyksandrei

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015

Great, thanks. Is there a way to close that thread without selecting a "best answer"? Because my problem is now solved and I don't remember what I did, nor can I find the post I used to do it, so I can't post the actual answer. I don't want this to happen again on this thread...