Cant send emails

Symantec Email Proxy

emails can no longer be sent and I get this error saying connection to
server was interupted with the figure 1003,9 at the bottom of it. Help if
you can the norton page is not much use.

And get hit with a virus no thanks. Anyway I can send emails when I
reinstall win xp and nortons even after updates but a while later the email
just stop working, I can recieve but not send.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:28:14 +0100, "Richard Rollins"
<deadeyedic@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>And get hit with a virus no thanks. Anyway I can send emails when I
>reinstall win xp and nortons even after updates but a while later the email
>just stop working, I can recieve but not send.

Uninstall it. It is not necessary and appears to cause a problem. Seek
email anti-virus security stategies on the 'net, and note that few if any
mention using that software.

"Richard Rollins" wrote:
> And get hit with a virus no thanks. Anyway I can send emails when I
> reinstall win xp and nortons even after updates but a while later the email
> just stop working, I can recieve but not send.

Leaving Norton running in the background is like letting the guard-dogs (trained to kill) loose at your
daughter's wedding; there's just bound to be trouble somewhere.

Keep a good firewall running, and invoke Norton *only* when you need to check a specific file that you
would like to open that could potentially contain a nasty..

Jon