Can't set refresh rate to 144 on asus VGA 248QE

Sep 10, 2018
Guys i have a serious problem,

I have an Asus VGA248QE monitor connected via DVI cable to my pc( GTX 750ti GPU) and I cant set the refresh rate to 144.

THE THING IS,that it used to work perfectly till i moved my pc from one house to another(i have this monitor for like 6 months and used to work normally).

I plugged in the cables and etc,tried to play a game and saw that my fps was below 10(used to have 50+). I dont know if it is related but after searching for the problem(why my fps were below 10) i noticed that my refresh rate was set to 60(is that the reason that my game[PUBg] has lower than 10 fps and screen doesnt even move?even the sound has pauses..)

Tried to restore it back to 144 that it used to be,and when i do,all i get is green dots/pixels everywhere.
I just updated my graphic card drivers but problem still exists.Even restored to default(i dont know if that was a good idea) the GPU 3D settings in NVIDIA control panel.

Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

Sep 10, 2018
a weird fact that happened is that I set the refresh rate at 144hz and screenshot the problem so i can post it here to show you the problem(weird colors pixels,etc),in the screenshot everything seems perfectly fine!!but its not!!