Question Can't set up fingerprint Password

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
So I want to use fingerprint ID on windows 7, so I installed the HP protecttools security manager. Im trying to finish it but it keeps giving me swipes. I'm now on the 52nd swiped and I really need help. Is this normal?

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
How to fix Windows fingerprint not working?
  1. Install/uninstall the latest Windows update.
  2. Remove your fingerprint reader.
  3. Change your PIN.
  4. Update your device drivers.
  5. Turn off the “save power” mode for USB ports.
  6. Make sure biometrics is enabled.
  7. Turn off Fast Startup.
  8. Reinstall the fingerprint software.
you can try this one method!
Did you read the thread? I never said it didn't work. I said that no matter how many swipes I do, it will keep giving me another swipe. Also, after about 70 swipes, it cancels the fingerprint setup and gives me a similar error to this: "Fingerprint setup failed". By the way, I'm using my right index finger to set it up.

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
The Right thing to do it is try to setup your other fingers on your system
Scan your finger on the fingerprint reader.
Click Add Another if you want to repeat the process with another finger, or close the program.
I tried to.
To update you, I have tried index and middle fingers on my left and right hand. Somehow the finger ID verification appeared on the login screen, and when I tried to register my fingerprint, it said, "The fingerprint was not verified."
@LTL428

This:

"Did you read the thread? I never said it didn't work. "

Understand that the setup became frustrating; however, please be polite per Forum Rules.

Sometimes it takes an extra bit of communication to make things clear.

Thanks.
Sorry, I wan't trying to come off as rude.

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
The Right thing to do it is try to setup your other fingers on your system
Scan your finger on the fingerprint reader.
Click Add Another if you want to repeat the process with another finger, or close the program.
I tried doing this, but unfortunately it won't work. I looked at "Practice scanning fingerprints", and found out that I was scanning wrong. You need to have the finger sideways to the vertical scanner (On my laptop the scanner is on the side of the screen, as it is more or less a tablet) instead of having it parallel to it.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
So I want to use fingerprint ID on windows 7, so I installed the HP protecttools security manager. Im trying to finish it but it keeps giving me swipes. I'm now on the 52nd swiped and I really need help. Is this normal?
A few general questions…. What model laptop do you have? There may be a specific driver for your computer on the HP website. On one of my older Lenovo laptops, I had to download and install the driver manually (even after using the update tool). Also, is there dust or other substances on the fingerprint reader?

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
I know It's been a while, but I was about to start a new thread on something, and I decided to come back here just in case someone is waiting for a response. A few days after I posted this, the fingerprint ID started working. I upgraded to Windows 10 and it still works; even better than before.