Can't set Variable Fan Speed on Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

marko65

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Hello, I have a Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 motherboard on my computer and I've recently installed a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Direct Touch fan onto the computer. Unfortunately it is running at 100% all the time even when the computer isn't in need of cooling. Is there a way to change this so that the fan speed is variable? ASUS hasn't replied to my question and I'm not that computer savvy. The motherboard does have a 4 pin system and the fan is plugged into that.

marko65

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Hi cin19. I've tried to go through the ASUS site to access Fan Xpert but I can't for the life of me find it. I tried opening the old disk that came with the mobo but it's not compatible with the modern world and won't open. I know this is a big ask but any idea how I would access Fan Xpert through the ASUS site?

marko65

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
I see now that there isn't a utilities option for the M4A89GTD PRO/USB3. I tried using another mobos download for AI Suite but it won't open. I'm not sure if the incompatibility is with my computer or because I'm trying to access AI Suite in a round about way.