[SOLVED] Can't share movies from PC to TV

Ciubuc112

Prominent
Aug 15, 2020
I did everything right in Network sharing settings but when i go to my TV and search i can see the folders but there are nothing more.My tv sees only the folder,i tried with png/srt/mkv/mp4 and is not working.He only reads the folders nothing more!
Tv : LED Smart Samsung, 65NU7022, 4K Ultra HD
I tried everything that i found on the network,even checked the settings from Nsharing 100x times....
Anyone that helps please?

+ I tried to share the movies through Movies&Tv but the subtitles didnt show up on tv : / ,only the movie [The movie is in format MKV and the subtitles are SRT] [The format types should work without any problems...]

Solution
I did everything right in Network sharing settings but when i go to my TV and search i can see the folders but there are nothing more.My tv sees only the folder

This has always been my experience with Network Sharing as well ... I've never been able to get it to work so I can't help you with that. Until quite recently, I've always copied my movies onto an external hard drive and then plugged the hard drive into my 4k display, I presume that would work for you.

More recently, I 've been using Plex ... much simpler and works very well. You said ...
If i want to use Plex i have to upload my movies to a server and it will take longer than up them to a usb...

I don't quite understand what you mean here? If you install the...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Try loading a plex server and using the TV app. I had decent luck doing that with my Samsung.
I have come to find it being hella easier just to connect a PC direct to the TV. Secondary it's really easy to use either a laptop or phone and screen mirror to it.

Ciubuc112

Prominent
Aug 15, 2020
Try loading a plex server and using the TV app. I had decent luck doing that with my Samsung.
I have come to find it being hella easier just to connect a PC direct to the TV. Secondary it's really easy to use either a laptop or phone and screen mirror to it.

If i want to use Plex i have to upload my movies to a server and it will take longer than up them to a usb...
And Screen Mirror will lose the quality and i want it in 4k.
I just dont get why isnt working...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
You didnt payed attention to my main thread man...I said that the tv doesnt see anything inside the folders

I did actually. It can see the folder which would indicate that the networking is set up right, but isn't seeing the files regardless of various formats you have tried. You still aren't saying where the files came from...;)

I was going to try and look at the manual, but unfortunately don't speak the language. It appears this model was not US release?
I have a very similar 55" Samsung TV. I mention the above things because it's what worked best for me. I wish I could be of more help to your situation.

I did everything right in Network sharing settings but when i go to my TV and search i can see the folders but there are nothing more.My tv sees only the folder

This has always been my experience with Network Sharing as well ... I've never been able to get it to work so I can't help you with that. Until quite recently, I've always copied my movies onto an external hard drive and then plugged the hard drive into my 4k display, I presume that would work for you.

More recently, I 've been using Plex ... much simpler and works very well. You said ...

I don't quite understand what you mean here? If you install the plex server software on the machine that has your movies already on it ... then there's no upload issue at all. I encourage you to check it out ... I think you'll like it.

Solution