Can't solve a problem with Graphic Card. "atikmpag.sys error"

bozd

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Hello guys! I need some help. i tried a lot of variations to fix the problem "blue screen of death" like uninstalling the drivers and installing them again also with some old drivers but it says "Failed to load detection driver" nothing helped.It doesn't recognize the graphic card. I cant use my desktop computer in normal mode it keeps restarting all the time i can use it in safe mode only. I spent too many hours trying to fix it but i failed and wondering what to do more, because i think my graphic card is gone...If you can help me i will be thankful. I have a question what is the best Graphics card i can replace it with these specifications.
Motherboard : P5G41T-M LX3
CPU: Intel Celeron E3400 Dual Core 2.6Ghz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3
RAM : 4GB

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and how old is it? We'll also need to know the make and model of your chassis. Does the system reboot when you subject to a load? Which driver revisions did you go through? Using DDU to uninstall your drivers? You could look into a GTX750Ti but we don't know where you're located and how much you're willing to spend, let alone the quality of your PSU.

Please pass on the info as a followup.
:)

bozd

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
PSU: Delux Model ATX-300W its about 7 years old.
Chassis Model : DELUX ATX Casing MV-875
The first start goes to Desktop after few seconds (about 15-30s) restarts itself tries to load then is going to blue screen with message "VIDEO_TDR_FAUILURE" atikmpag.sys, then just keep restarting.
Drivers i was using till this problem - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064
Just used AMD Clean Uninstall Utility to clean all the drivers.
I'm looking for something similar to that video card i have or can be litte bit better maybe some nvidia card as You suggested, but i cant spend that much. I know the pc is old, but wanna make it work its enough for me.