Cant turn on computer without it blue screening 5-6 times

Nov 10, 2018
Hey,

I can use my computer perfectly fine except when I want to shut it down. If I do, when I try to turn it back on, it blue screens after it logs me in about 5 or 6 times then it works fine. This is really annoying and I would want to know how to fix this. All my parts are compatible too. So if anyone knows how to solve this I would appreciate your help!

Solution
I am busy slapping self for not suggesting a memtest at all.

I can't see anything wrong with your ethernet attachment, are we talking about the white bit on the cable, that should latch inside PC when its connected?
ampIV4t.jpg
as I can't say I seen a cable like that before. I wouldn't worry about it if cable stays in

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

Try turning off fast startup and see if it changes anything - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

Nov 10, 2018

I cant seem to upload it

Nov 10, 2018

doesnt work

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/So4c.html

File: 112318-4781-01.dmp (Nov 23 2018 - 22:47:06)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: steamwebhelper)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)

File: 112318-4546-01.dmp (Nov 23 2018 - 22:42:43)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WdFilter.sys
Probably caused by: Pool_Corruption (Process: MsMpEng.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)

File: 112318-4437-01.dmp (Nov 23 2018 - 22:47:53)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WdFilter.sys
Probably caused by: Pool_Corruption (Process: lsass.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File: 112318-3796-01.dmp (Nov 23 2018 - 22:45:46)
BugCheck: [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 13 Sec(s)

File: 112318-3765-01.dmp (Nov 23 2018 - 22:43:27)
Probably caused by: cldflt.sys (Process: Registry)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)
Motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z370-A-PRO

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
wdfilter is part of Windows Defender Antimalware service
cldfit = Cloud Filter driver (part of windows 10)

every error is internet related. Your lan drivers themselves are fairly recent (august)

Is there a newer version of tunnelbear as its from 2014? Its oldest driver on system, most of rest is from 2018.
Try turning off Rapid mode on Samsung SSD - I doubt its blame but its less drivers running. I doubt i would use a ram drive when PC is randomly crashing, might corrupt data.

You might need to run driver verifer. I don't like suggesting it as it can leave you in a boot loop. So I added steps to take before starting it

A) create a system restore point
1) type "restore" then open "create a restore point"
2) create a new Restore Point now for C-drive

B) Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - this is a handy boot disck and can be used in case PC enters boot loop so you can run system restore from a repair menu to roll back to a working system using restore point created in step A)

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
Pick restore point you created in Step A)

Now driver verifer might not boot loop, these are just precautions

try running driver verifer, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.

Once it bsod, upload the minidump file and we see what it shows us.

Nov 10, 2018

So I restarted and am verifying files. I had no blue screens since the restart and it has been 2 1/2 hours. I have a system restore point as well. The good news is that so far, my drivers seem to be working properly but I have HUGE lag spikes and screen stuttering no matter what I do. I have a video showing my problem. I have a backup USB with windows installation on it if I need to use it.

Is it true that I need to leave my PC on continuously for 36 hours if no BSOD appear?

I recently paid $250 for someone to repair my pc and all they did was wipe the ssd and update the BIOS. They said that when they booted it up after the repair multiple times, no BSOD, no issues, no crashes. As soon as I turned it on and loaded into windows at home, a blue screen of death. It happened for about 4-5 more times.

Side note: If you plug a usb 2.0 in a 3.0 slot will your pc crash or no?

Here is the video of my pc stuttering/lagging/being so annoying slow: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r3pIN1fqPRX1as9wa3nfqZ-u_beGoRuE

Specs:
Intel i3-8100 CPU
MSI Z-370 A Pro Motherboard
EVGA GTX 1050 TI 4GB
Corsair 8GB 2400MHz RAM
EVGA Bronze 80+ 650BQ PSU
500GB Samsung 860 EVO
2TB Barracuda HDD

Nov 10, 2018

Well now I stopped the verification and so far so good. No stuttering and hopefully no BSOD after I shut it down and turn it on tomorrow

Colif

Win 11 Master
Side note: If you plug a usb 2.0 in a 3.0 slot will your pc crash or no?

NO, it is backwards compatible so you can run USB 2 sticks in USB 3 slots, I do it all the time.

Driver verifer just proves its not a driver, if you get a BSOD again, it could be a hardware problem still.

What peripherals do you plug into PC once it gets home? Mouse, Keyboard, anything else?? If repair guy found nothing wrong, its possible cause is something you didn't give him but which you plug in at home.

My last unknown problem I had to get outside help with turned out to be a bad mouse, I think. Problem has not happened since I replaced it.

Nov 10, 2018

It blue screened about 15 times this morning. I plug in a 3.5mm plug headset in the back, a printer, Ethernet, keyboard, wired USB mouse and occasionally a f310 game controller.

I do not know what hardware it is though...

Is it true that the flip on the back of the ioshield where you plug the ethernet cable in should be turned inside the computer? Mine is sticking out.

Nov 10, 2018

Here is one minidump I got from the crashes. I only had one?!!?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10BXGQUKsD0tB5W9JF6m0Fi4kXgW57U_i

gardenman

Splendid

I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/JeLr.html

File: 120618-4984-01.dmp (Dec 6 2018 - 11:02:53)
Probably caused by: Ntfs.sys (Process: WmiPrvSE.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner) It looks like there are 3 copies of this files being loaded into memory.

I can't help you with this. Someone else will come along and give you more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016

Try erasing afterburner and the rtss files completely. Download the most recent version and install them. See if this helps.

Nov 10, 2018

I installed it now what do I do

Colif

Win 11 Master

unplug all the devices except mouse/kb\ and see if it still bsod. You probably want Ethernet as well
Might need to plug them in one at a time over course of a few days to find the one causing problem

Can you take a photo of the Ethernet thing? Upload to a image sharing web site and show link here.

Nov 10, 2018

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/rGcF83B

Nov 10, 2018

I think my stick of ram is bad. I get memory management errors, critical process died, kernel security check failure and irql less or not equal. The repair shop said when they put their ram in the pc didn't blue screen once sooo....

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am busy slapping self for not suggesting a memtest at all.

I can't see anything wrong with your ethernet attachment, are we talking about the white bit on the cable, that should latch inside PC when its connected?
ampIV4t.jpg
as I can't say I seen a cable like that before. I wouldn't worry about it if cable stays in

Solution
Nov 10, 2018

Yeah I just used the cable my dad gave me after he found a old one in his store. On the other hand, how long should memtest run?