Question Can't update from 1709 to next version

Mar 19, 2019
For the past few weeks I have been trying to update to the nex windows version.
I am currently on 1709.

Everytime I install the update, my laptop restarts to apply the updates and atomatically restarts a couple of times.
After the 2nd restart I get "Your pc ran into a problem" and then "Restoring to your previous version of windows".

I tought it may be corrupted files, so I did a scan and I found those corrupted files.
I deleted them but still fails to update...
Windows update assistant gives the same result.

I recently started getting pop-ups of missing .dll files from my graphics card.
I uninstalled my graphics card and tried to reinstall the driver but suddenly my version was not compatible with the driver.

I had to do a system restore to get my old driver back.

Now I still can't update and still get these pop-ups.

Would this driver issue have something to do with the fact that I can't update?
Anyone had the same problem or knows any fixes?
I really dont know what to do anymore.
Please help?

Kind regards,
Zeno

Mar 19, 2019
Possibly, at this point I'd do a clean reinstall rather than a restore. That's the only way to fully clear out any garbage built up. So, grab your installation media, format the drive and perform the install. Also download the latest ISO from MS. So, you can skip some of the upgrades.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
The problem is, for some reason I cant make a backup from my pc and I really can't risk losing my files scince I am busy on a very important school project.

The problem is, for some reason I cant make a backup from my pc and I really can't risk losing my files scince I am busy on a very important school project.

Then hold off until you have free time. A buggy computer is better than no computer. If backups won't work. Use Freefilesync to sync folders to your backup drive instead (mirror to it rather than two way sync). I backup this way anyway. It's faster than backup software and runs when you want. Rather than hogging resources. Although you have to remember to backup manually.

Reactions: ZenoVD
Mar 19, 2019
Then hold off until you have free time. A buggy computer is better than no computer. If backups won't work. Use Freefilesync to sync folders to your backup drive instead (mirror to it rather than two way sync). I backup this way anyway. It's faster than backup software and runs when you want. Rather than hogging resources. Although you have to remember to backup manually.
Okay, thanks a lot