Cant use internet after uninstalling VPN.

theaman13

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
I recently installed the free version cyberghost and used it a few times (worked fine). I closed the app today and though my computer showed me being connected to the internet I couldnt actually use anything that required it. I uninstalled cyberghost and the problem remains.

•I'm using windows 10
•My other devices can still use the internet just fine.

Solution
First FlushDNS using the steps below:

Open CMD.exe
Type in ipconfig/flushdns and press enter.

If this does not work, then:
Change DNS to OpenDNS

OpenDNS:

Primary: 208.67.222.222

Secondary: 208.67.220.220

Hope it will work for you!

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
I am not familiar with cyberghost, but I would advise that you double check your network settings on your machine.

Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > View Network Status and Tasks > Ethernet > Properties > Select TCP/IP v4 > Properties

Check to make sure that the network settings match that on your other devices. Most likely you simply need to select:
"Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" > OK

If that does not work let us know.

theaman13

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
I should have noted im using wifi rather than ethernet and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" was unchecked, but I checked it while troubleshooting and the problem still remains. "Obtain IP address automatically" is also checked.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
What is the network settings on your other devices? Are they also obtaining IPs and DNS automatically?

Can you check your browser settings? It may be that Cyberghost adjusted your browsers to access internet through a proxy. If so disable the proxy settings and try again.

Seankay

Respectable
Jul 20, 2016
First FlushDNS using the steps below:

Open CMD.exe
Type in ipconfig/flushdns and press enter.

If this does not work, then:
Change DNS to OpenDNS

OpenDNS:

Primary: 208.67.222.222

Secondary: 208.67.220.220

Hope it will work for you!

Solution
Mar 9, 2019
If you are using the VPN still then , Clear it's setting and uninstall it ,
Everything will get OK!

If You have already uninstalled , and their is connection error , then the setting of the VPN proxy has not been deleted so , Install the VPN again and clear setting and uninstall it ,
Hope it works

Subscribe to
Dark Gomasu on YouTube , their you can ask me others too in the comment.