[SOLVED] Can't use the Logitech MX Keyboard as a usb keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hi, I have a Logitech MX Keyboard. It can connect to computers via Bluetooth and Wifi. However, it seems that it cannot be used as a usb keyboard. Is this possible? At the back of the keyboard, there is a usb-c port for charging. When I tried on my computer, I pressed F12 to go to the BIOS but no respond. After booting into Linux, connection via usb does not seem to work. Is this keyboard only for connection using bluetooth and wifi?

Mar 13, 2021
No.
The keyboard itself is the determining factor, nothing to do with the BIOS on the PC.

If you wanted a wired keyboard, you should have bought a wired keyboard.
Totally incorrect. Logitech Bluetooth keyboards which come with a unifying dongle---like the MX Keys and Craft (and almost all of their products, to be frank)---can be used for bios and anything else via the dongle. You can't use the bluettoh connection, but the USB dongle will work from cold start, without any drivers.

USAFRet

Titan
Totally incorrect. Logitech Bluetooth keyboards which come with a unifying dongle---like the MX Keys and Craft (and almost all of their products, to be frank)---can be used for bios and anything else via the dongle. You can't use the bluettoh connection, but the USB dongle will work from cold start, without any drivers.
I have k830. Along with a long chain of Logi mice. Curently MX Master 3.
Yes, the dongle works just fine. In the BIOS or elsewhere.

The question was referring to using the USB cable to connect to a system.
No. That USB cable is for charging.

The dongle works just fine. Assuming you've not lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.