Can't watch videos streaming on the web

Vertigoo

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015
When i try watching videos online on any website like youtube putlocker facebook or w/e i get pixelated video that stutters.
I have this problem a long time now that i have tried to fix in several ways:

• ■ I tried updating and downgrading Nvidia's drivers.
    ■ I checked for critical updates on windows.
    ■ I tried reinstalling adobe flash player
    ■ I tried different browsers chrome, explorer, firefox, opera( all give the same results, same goes for servers, other domains, same result)
I have considered that there might be problem with the internet provider but i have run speed tests and my download speed shows (30mb/s) which is the bandwidth i have
here are a couple of pictures demonstrating the problem:

Where is the problem??

Vertigoo

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015

Hello, and thanks for the quick response,
I would like to ask you if you could further more explain what is hardware acceleration and why it should cause this problem?

i forgot to mention my pc specs if they are important:
Processor: Intel Quad Core i7 4790 3.6Ghz S1150
Mother-board: Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 S1150
Random-access memory: 8GB kingston DDR3 1600Mhz
Graphics card: GeForce Gigabyte GTX970 4GB WF3

also, did you mean changing the browser default video player?

Vertigoo

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015

hi thanks for the reply that's what I assumed, disabling hardware acceleration will not mean i will reduce my performance?

yes I thought they might offer some video player for the browser but i guess it's mostly html5 now,
and I have been trying several browsers which all have the same or worse result.

about two days ago i also had problem playing back videos where

• ■ first the audio cut.
    ■ the video kept playing for a while until it stopped.
    ■ and then the video will pause loading and playing the audio it has missed until it reaches the point where it syncs with the video

this makes me think if the problem is on my PC or it is a problem with the internet provider where it doesn't download videos fast enough (although on other pcs on my LAN i do not encounter this problem, which is very confusing....)

download speed on test on several website results no problem.

TRENDING THREADS