Cant't choose components

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Hi all, I need to build a desktop, mainly for Battlefield 3 and maybe some development (web, c#, java) but mostly I will use the pc for games and regular things. I was considering ordering from cyberpowerpc but I read horrible reviews. On newegg I can either go with a DIY kit or pick my own components.

As for the cpu should I get the core i5 2500k or i7 2600k? And the GPU I was thinking gtx 560 but now I am considering the 56oTi, any difference? I I don't want to spend much over a grand since I also need monitor + keyboard, everything else. What do you guys reccomend? Will the HAF 912 case fit everything?

Solution
BUILD BUILD BUILD.

Always works out better than buying a pre-built, and its great fun :D

on a $1000 budget you should easily fit both an i5-2500k and a GTX 560Ti in there :)

As linked above, check out the New Build thread and fill out the template in order to get the best build advice :)

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
BUILD BUILD BUILD.

Always works out better than buying a pre-built, and its great fun :D

on a $1000 budget you should easily fit both an i5-2500k and a GTX 560Ti in there :)

As linked above, check out the New Build thread and fill out the template in order to get the best build advice :)

Solution