[SOLVED] Caps lock randomly stuck on ON/OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchnoRom

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016
Hey,

Essentially, my caps lock key arbitrarily turns on and won't turn off, and at completely random times. Vica Versa, it often turns off and wont turn on for a while.
I've tried numerous keyboards in different USB ports, so I'm confident its a software issue. I've reinstalled keyboard drivers countless times as well. It is usually fixed for short period of time if I restart my PC, then the issue starts up again.

Not really sure whats going on, any ideas?

Thanks!

Solution
I can think about 3 possible solutions.

The permanent solution is probably to buy another keyboard. Or maybe file a complaint if it is new (depends on your whereabout).

The other solution (temporarly, windows only) is to use Autohotkey. Make a resident loop that catch when caps lock is ON, and then turn it off again. The problem here is that it will behave this way also if you intend to use caps lock.

Third: Just uninstall the drivers. Unless it is a fancy keyboard, the OS native driver should works just fine.

The permanent solution is probably to buy another keyboard. Or maybe file a complaint if it is new (depends on your whereabout).

The other solution (temporarly, windows only) is to use Autohotkey. Make a resident loop that catch when caps lock is ON, and then turn it off again. The problem here is that it will behave this way also if you intend to use caps lock.

Third: Just uninstall the drivers. Unless it is a fancy keyboard, the OS native driver should works just fine.

Solution

EchnoRom

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016

I had the issue with a previous keyboard and just assumed it was the keyboard, so I bought another and still the problem persists, so its not a keyboard issue. Ill try your other recommendations though.

Status
Not open for further replies.