Carrier Billing Coming to Skype in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoneone

May 27, 2011
ppl still pay money to talk to someone on a computer? Hhahahaha pls, dont make me laff...
Gmail phone for free is all i need ^_^ So thumbs up to those who agree!

samkl

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Google talk is good alternative to Skype. What I am interested is if Google had voice recognition on Google Talk so it understands what people talk about and then serves ads based on the context.

Consider this as prior art, so it can't be patented.
-SK

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
None of you above have ever heard of skype out? They aren't talking about making skype-skype calls paid for, they are talking about making it easier to pay for skype out. International calling (to a non-skype number) from your cell via skype is significantly cheaper than what wireless carrier currently likes to rape people for.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]samkl[/nom]Google talk is good alternative to Skype. What I am interested is if Google had voice recognition on Google Talk so it understands what people talk about and then serves ads based on the context.Consider this as prior art, so it can't be patented.-SK[/citation]
google talk absolutely creates full text transcripts from all conversations that take place using its service...

it is a complete and total invasion of privacy. those transcripts are stored on google servers forever and during the early days of the service's launch a glitch made it possible for anyone to search for and read those full text transcripts using google search.

it is a horrendous invasion, albeit no diffent than what the NSA is doing to american citizens

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]ppl still pay money to talk to someone on a computer? Hhahahaha pls, dont make me laff...Gmail phone for free is all i need ^_^ So thumbs up to those who agree![/citation]

Not everyone has a computer !

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
MS just ruined Skype. I understand the idea of charging calls to landlines and cellphones or even for having conference calls. But why of why I must buy corporate package to share my desktop with person I'm calling?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]hetneo[/nom]MS just ruined Skype. I understand the idea of charging calls to landlines and cellphones or even for having conference calls. But why of why I must buy corporate package to share my desktop with person I'm calling?[/citation]

Because M$ owns the software and therefore makes the rules :)
To be fair, they paid a lot for Skype and have to make that back somehow.
There is no free lunch !

Status
Not open for further replies.