[SOLVED] Cas latency and frequency at 3440x1440.

Dec 31, 2021
Hello everyone!

I'm sure this question has been beaten to death already but bear with me. I was planning to make a build around ultrawide and have conflicting thoughts about which RAM configuration to take.
As a game oriented PC with light desktop work I think DDR4 is the better value for me and I am wondering whether cas latency, frequency and RAM in general will have ANY significant impact on my FPS, be it even 1% lows.

Let's say I take: 3200mhz cl14, 4000 cl18, 3600 cl16 or even 3200 cl16. Will the configurations matter for a less stuttery performance at this resolution? Thanks in advance.

As for CPU, may go with 5600x or 12400F.

Solution
Hello everyone!

I'm sure this question has been beaten to death already but bear with me. I was planning to make a build around ultrawide and have conflicting thoughts about which RAM configuration to take.
As a game oriented PC with light desktop work I think DDR4 is the better value for me and I am wondering whether cas latency, frequency and RAM in general will have ANY significant impact on my FPS, be it even 1% lows.

Let's say I take: 3200mhz cl14, 4000 cl18, 3600 cl16 or even 3200 cl16. Will the configurations matter for a less stuttery performance at this resolution? Thanks in advance.

First decide on what CPU you're going with. That'll help narrow down RAM options.

At that...
Hello everyone!

First decide on what CPU you're going with. That'll help narrow down RAM options.

At that resolution you'll be more GPU limited anyways so your GPU will be more important.

Solution