[SOLVED] Case airflow with fans?

Jun 21, 2020
Hey guys, this is my airflow setting:
2x fans in front case > blows air into the case
2x air on top of the case > blows air out of the case
1x rear fan > blows air out of the case

But then I have this problem, the rear fan doesn't blow out any air cuz of the top 2x fans are way stronger & pull more air towards them. So I want to ask, what should I change about this setup and is it a good idea if I make the rear fan also blow air inside the fan, and just let the two fans on top blow all the hot air out?

Solution

But then I have this problem, the rear fan doesn't blow out any air cuz of the top 2x fans are way stronger & pull more air towards them. So I want to ask, what should I change about this setup and is it a good idea if I make the rear fan also blow air inside the fan, and just let the two fans on top blow all the hot air out?
I think the bottom line is....how are the temps?
If they are good I would leave it be.
I have almost the same setup...the only difference is I have 3 on top.

Of course....if you are curious....and want to try and get the temps...

I think the bottom line is....how are the temps?
If they are good I would leave it be.
I have almost the same setup...the only difference is I have 3 on top.

Of course....if you are curious....and want to try and get the temps as low as possible...there is nothing wrong with experimenting.

Reactions: Arkham69w
Solution
Jun 21, 2020
Temps are fine, I used to get 74-75 degrees in Friday The 13th, now it's hardly 69, and average 68. Although I already ordered two fans to replace the rear fan & put the old rear fan on top, and one for front to replace the old front one.

Temps are fine, I used to get 74-75 degrees in Friday The 13th, now it's hardly 69, and average 68. Although I already ordered two fans to replace the rear fan & put the old rear fan on top, and one for front to replace the old front one.
One trick I use to see how much case airflow is needed is...run it normally and check temps....then open up the case and face a desk fan pointing in there and check temps.

If the temps drop significantly....more case cooling should help.

If not...probably not.

Do not set the rear as an intake without a filter.

Since you noted that the case is in a corner, then setting the rear as intake will likely only have it pulling air exhausted from the GPU and or PSU below or hot air vented from the top. It's better to keep that rear fan as an exhaust unless you have truly fresh air it can access.

The top fans aren't really "stealing air" from the rear exhaust. More likely these are two different fans an the top fans are just better quality or spinning way faster such that you "feel" more air coming from the top compared to the back.

Jun 21, 2020
Yea now you just said that, it sounds logical to me. Thanks for telling me so, but what if I buy 2 fans, a better fan for the rear, and put the old rear one on top to blow it out? and the second one infront, to blow air inside