Case and CPU Cooler upgrade

YoDevil

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I decided to upgrade my 3rd gen i5 to an i7 6700k.
Since i'm planning to do some tough overclocking i was searching for a good cooler (air, don't wanna deal with water) and a better ventilated case (my current case is a CM K350, which is terrible at airflow and cable management, and honestly no good cooler would fit in that).
I obviously came across Noctua's NH-D14 and D15, or Cryorig R1. Now spending money on such coolers isn't a big deal to me, but i don't want to spend even more for a case. I noticed the NZXT S340, which looks good and has a lot more space than my K350, for less than 80$, but the NH-D15 and the R1 don't even fit in there. Am I good with the NH-D14 and S340? Is it still a good future-proof case? I don't wanna find myself in the same situation in few years when upgrading again... With air coolers getting bigger and bigger I'm scared I won't be able to upgrade to something better in the future (but then, am i going to need to upgrade a NH-D14? Seems like cpus are getting colder). Other bigger cases i found are the NZXT H440, Corsair 400C or the various Fractal Design's, which are definitly more expensive, and i'd avoid spending 120$ on the case.
Do you have any suggestions? Will I be fine and future-proof with NH-D14 and S340?

Please mind that i don't live in the USA, so your sales don't apply to me (I'm talking about you, newegg).

YoDevil

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
My ideal *who cares about the price* config would be NZXT 440H (v2) + Cryorig H1 Universal. Do you think it's valuable over NZXT S340 + Noctua NH-D14 for about 68$ more? (for sure it's better looking haha)

TRENDING THREADS