Case and CPU Fan question and compatibility? Help please

Prophet171

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Awesome thanks for the quick replies guys, clutch if you have the same mid size case and cooler and fits i should be able to manage it. Just was curious because depening on space on backside of motherboard (cable management area) and what motherboard i chose for this build could sit a little higher and what not. How much room to spare does yours have?? couple inches?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Correct about the space used up behind the MB tray. My Fractal Design Mini has quite a bit of room behind the tray for cable management, so that uses up quite a bit of the space. There is 7" exactly from the MB surface to the side panel. There is a 1/2" clearance from the tips of the heat pipe ends to the side cover.

Prophet171

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Okay well that gives me confidence, you saying you have quite a bit of room behind MB tray. It doesnt look like the space before the tray on antec 900 is huge so shouldnt be a concern then. its 8.10" wide and that is the same width as your case and only need 6 1/4. I would do that but its a fresh build im doing now just trying to choose case to be able to fit this cooler nicely, i like this case so it would be awesome to have it fit with any clearance. So havent ordered either yet

Prophet171

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
True true, ill order it and give it a go. Worst case scenerio it doesnt fit and i have an extra. Guess it is only 40 bucks or so. Just from this thread i am feeling good about it though. Thanks again for everyones help on this. Appreciate it greatly.