[SOLVED] Case/CPU fan idling higher than before

lpw7836

Prominent
Dec 7, 2018
So my fans have recently went from idling at ~600 rpm on the case fans and ~800 on the CPU fan to around 1000/1200. The CPU idles at around 35 C (total, not over ambient) which is what it was at before. It's not a performance issue, just noise. I've tried adjusting the fan curves with no real difference noticed.

My question is would replacing the case fans or the cpu cooler have a more notable effect? The case is a Corsair Air 540, with two 140mm white led stock fans in front and a normal stock fan in the back, and a Wraith Prism on a 2700x.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I wouldn't think the issue is the fans. More likely it is the BIOS, if that is what you are using to set fan speed/curve. Might try a BIOS reset. Or at least reload the BIOS default. Of course, you'll have to reset anything in BIOS you've changed then.

What are your system specs?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't think the issue is the fans. More likely it is the BIOS, if that is what you are using to set fan speed/curve. Might try a BIOS reset. Or at least reload the BIOS default. Of course, you'll have to reset anything in BIOS you've changed then.

Solution

lpw7836

Prominent
Dec 7, 2018

Uhhhh. Ryzen 2700x with a Wraith Prism, Asus Pro Prime x470, Sapphire Nitro+ rx 590, 2x8 Ripjaws V at 3000 mHz, a few nvme drives, Seasonic Focus + Gold 650w, in a Corsair Air 540.

I'll try the bios things, it was like a month ago it just decided to be loud. The only thing I've messed around with in the bios is the ram speed and now the fan curves.