[SOLVED] Case fan doesn't even reach 1000RPM

Aug 12, 2020
I've noticed I reach safe but kinda high temps while gaming and I started trying to figure it out.
What I mean by safe but high is:
While idle my CPU (i5 10600k no overclock) would be around 40-45 degrees Celsius which is fine but would get to mid-high 70s even at 30%-50% usage. I'm not using an Intel stock cooler and even when I reach full 100% usage it seems to lock at around 80 and almost never reach 85 or more so at the end of the day, those are safe temperatures but I'd like to lower them.
I'm running a single outtake case fan at the back of my case and even at 100% speed it never gets to 10000RPM, should I replace it?

TL;DR, noticed I'm reaching kinda high temps and my case fan reaches 985RPM at most, should I get a new one?

Another short question, when connecting fans straight to the PSU, will they run at 100% all the time?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I wrote too much haha.

Aug 12, 2020
With 1 fan I think it would be best to have it pulling air in from the front if possible. (turning it around in the back may pull heated air from power supply into case)
I mean if I buy a new one I'll put the new one as exaust and this older one as intake so mainly I'd like too know if I should look for a new fan if mine reaches 985RPM at most.
Also you're suggesting I should focus more on pulling air into the system than pushing the hot air out of it?

What is the make/model of your cpu cooler and case?
What kind of a graphics card are you using?

At idle, I would expect to see 10-15c. over ambient from any cooler.
Yours seems a bit high.

A single exhaust fan is likely to be insufficient for cooling.
If your fan is connected directly to the psu, it will run at full rpm.
If the fan is connected to a motherboard header, then the bios can control the speed.

Aug 12, 2020
What is the make/model of your cpu cooler and case?
What kind of a graphics card are you using?
CPU cooler is Arctic, Case Cooler is probably thermaltake I don't know for sure but it came with my case which is thermaltake. My graphics card is a GTX 970

At idle, I would expect to see 10-15c. over ambient from any cooler.
Yours seems a bit high.
I mean, my ambient is around 25ish...

A single exhaust fan is likely to be insufficient for cooling.
Makes sense, I think I'll get a new one for exhaust and use the old one for intake, maybe add a 2nd exhaust above the CPU and MOBO area. Does that sound like a good idea or am I not really understanding cooling?

Aug 12, 2020
If you only have one case fan I wouldn't replace it but add a couple more for intake
I thought about getting a new one for exhaust and use the old one for intake, maybe add a 2nd exhaust above the CPU and MOBO area. Does that work? I only have space for 1 fan at the front and I feel like an intake above the MOBO isn't too smart of an idea haha

Aug 12, 2020
Having looked at your case I suggest to buy 2 new fans and position them as front intake and rear exhaust and move the fan you have to side intake.

Sounds good and thanks a lot but I don't think I have an option to mount a side fan haha

My only options are 1x front, 1x bottom, 1x top, and 1x back.