Case Fan Location Help! PLEASE

Xttract

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Hey there!
Let me just start this off by saying I've spent the whole day researching where I should place my fans and I would actually LOVE for someone to answer this question. I will be more then grateful! :)

I've just purchased two case fans for my PC, a 120mm one for the side and 80mm one for the rear. These are my first case fans (other then my GPU, CPU, Power Supply stock fans) I understand that the side fan should be intake and the rear should be and exhaust and that's what I plan to do. I should also let you know that my power supply is on the top of my case.

Now to my question.
My case (Which I am unaware of the make) has a spot for two fans at the side, sized 120mm kind of like this case: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_547&products_id=25159

One is aimed towards the Graphics Card and one more on the CPU. Which spot should I put my 120mm fan? The top CPU or the one bellow it aimed directly at the Graphic Cards side.

My other question
The rear of my case has the same sort of thing but is 80mm. One thats aimed just above the graphics cards flat base that aims kind of towards the bottom of my CPU's stock cooler, and one directly above that space just below my power supply aiming at the top of my stock cooler.

Here is my PC build if it is needed:
CPU: Intel i5 4690
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 760 SC Edition
Memory: 8GB (2x4) Kingston HyperX
Power Supply: Cougar CMX700 (700 Watts)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2 (rev 2.0)

If this question got answered I will love you! Hahaha
Thanks!!!

Solution
I would aim it towards the video card. The video card will run hotter, and will benefit the most from the extra cooling.

The other fan should be up near the power supply.

Xttract

Reputable
May 10, 2014

<3