[SOLVED] Case fan with splitter not recognized

Feb 1, 2020
Hi. I just built me first gaming pc (yayyy). Everything is working fine, except two of my case fans, which are connected to a splitter, aren’t shown or recognized neither by BIOS or any software. They’re working fine, spinning and all, but they’re just not shown in the bios thus I can’t control the speed or anything. I’d appreciate any help showing me if I do something wrong.
Case: Corsair Carbide spec delta (3 front rgb fans 3pins<1 of them connected to a 4 header on the motherboard, the other 2 connected to the splitter and then to the 4 header on the motherboard) + 1 rear non rgb fan 3 pin connected to the 4 header on the motherboard
Motherboard: MSI Mortar Max
And the splitter : Bewinner 4-Pin PWM Fan Hub, 4-Pin Macho para CPU Fan PC Fans Hub, Computadora CPU/Estuche Ventilador Multi Splitter Conector Cable Adaptador para computadora 12V 3-Pin 4-Pin Pin https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07MSCLNZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_czEnEbA16Y4V4

It’s weird because I can control the speed of one of the front fans(which isn’t with the splitter) and the rear fan without any problem. I didn’t mention the cpu fan because that’s working perfectly as well.
I’d appreciate any help. Thank you

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Due to the nature of a PWM fan hub, you will need all fans that connect to the hub you have, be 4 pin connectors. The reason you won't see the other fans show up on your BIOS is because the hub in itself is acting as one fan, so if you change the values in BIOS, the hub will change accordingly. Now since you have 3 pin fans connected to the hub, they will only run at full blast since they don't have a sense wire.

If you want to retain the fan hub, then you will need to change the fans to PWM fans. If you want to retain the fans, you will need to swap out the fan hub for something like this.

Lutfij

Titan

Due to the nature of a PWM fan hub, you will need all fans that connect to the hub you have, be 4 pin connectors. The reason you won't see the other fans show up on your BIOS is because the hub in itself is acting as one fan, so if you change the values in BIOS, the hub will change accordingly. Now since you have 3 pin fans connected to the hub, they will only run at full blast since they don't have a sense wire.

If you want to retain the fan hub, then you will need to change the fans to PWM fans. If you want to retain the fans, you will need to swap out the fan hub for something like this.

Reactions: Dafman22
Solution
Feb 1, 2020

thank you very much for the quick answer.
So the problem is that cheap hub I bought... well, I guess I’ll leave it as it is for now. The case fans in this Carbide Delta are surprisingly quiet even when running 100%.
in the near future I’ll definitely upgrade my gpu (Rx 590 now) and then I’ll invest in some case fans as well. Thanks again for the answer