Case Fans 4 pin & 4pin P.W.M. Fan

dade911

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
My ASUS Sabertooth 990 fx R2.o Gen 2 mobo has 6-4 pin fan connectors, Asus tech support said that the 2 C.P.U. Connectors were Pulse width Modulation fans. but are the case fans also controlled by the mobo, Adjusting fan speed Automatically and does that mean off to on, Or variable speed as needed. I can not get that answer out of them. I know that a PWM fan (Pulse Width modulation) fan voltage is controlled by turning the voltage off and on at a rate that equals lowering the voltage without the use of resistors saving power and causing less heat for the mobo to dissipate. This is my first build and I do not understand the terminology, And as I am learning that is quite a undertaking into its self. All 6 fan headers are 4 pin connectors.

dade911

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

Thanks I found it under Tuf Thermal Radar Asus Sabertooth 990 fx R2.o Gen 2 MOBO. It was my fault I was going into my own information Overload. I am spending a lot of cash on this system. I am running a Amd fx 8350 8 core CPU 4 Ghz Out of the box over clocked to 5.2 Ghz.But I don't think I will ever try that at any time, but maybe just a little. 240 mm corsair Hydra series liquid cooling. With Samsung 840 Pro 256 Gb SSD. And 2 nivida GeForce gtx 670 ti run in a Sli configuration I also have 3 Seagate 7200 rpm 3Tb hdd Drives. and a Happague Hdpvr video capturing device and happague 1850 Tv Tuner for recording tv, Plus a lG SUPER MULTI BLUE 3D player And blueray burner. I have not made up my mind on the ram at this time, Also this board is a beast for overclocking and I may try my hand at gameing the system is being built mainly for movie storage and using my windows media center. All I Need is the rite ram and power supply. And I will be done.

dade911

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

No not really, I do a lot of video recording, editing, formatting, playing Movies either Blu-ray or 3-D. And sometimes. and at scheduled times I even record HD TV. Sometimes all at the same time. I have my computer hooked up to my LG-55LM6700 LED-TV Class Cinema 3-D, Smart TV. I Take my movie watching very Serious. My video capture Device lets me record any type video that I play through it, Without any Restrictions. Have a great day THANKS
And buy the way I am running a HP-HPE-H8-1214 Pavilion with a AMD FX-6100 at 3.2 Ghz and it can not keep up at times and during video conversion I am running 65-75% of processor and a Max CPU Frequency of up to 110%. So I am going a little higher

The thing I was most baffled about was the 2x670s, thats just insane for what this pc is trying to be.

Also have you upgraded the 7450 in your old pc? That might help as I doubt a 7450 would even try to help out the proc in regards to GPU acceleration.

TRENDING THREADS