Question Case Fans not working

Apr 29, 2023
Hello,

Recently, I've been noticing higher temps in my PC so I did a little investigating and found that my System/Case Fans are not working. I don't know why since the fans are relatively new and worked fine just days before. I've tried changing the fan headers but that hasn't worked and tried updating BIOS to see if that was the issue, but it wasn't. So far I confirmed that my AIO pump works on both my System fan and CPU header but none of my fans work on either header. I am confused as to how that can happen.

Edit: So I've tried 3pin connector fans and they work just fine, however 4pin connector ones do not work. Any Ideas?

Specs are:
Gigabyte A320m-h (Latest Bios Version F56b)
Ryzen 5 5600
AMD 6700XT
16GB Hyperx DDR4 2400
Fractal Pop Air
DEEPCOOL Gammaxx L240 V2
CoolerMaster V850 V2 Gold
GeekerChip 4-pin PWM fan hub

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023
I see the Gigabyte a320m only have 1 system fan header. Try connecting each fan to directly to the motherboard. Then go into the BIOS to see if the mobo detects it. If it does detect it, then try to get a different fan hub, that could be the issue.

If ALL the fans directly connected to the motherboard are still... still, then in could be a power issue. Maybe they need a higher wattage to start.

I am a noob, so don't take my advice as definitive.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Karadjne (above) has good advice. If you have set your SYS_FAN header to a manually-set low speed or to "silent", you may have set its speed too low. At very least increase that low speed setting OR change the Fan Speed Control setting to "Normal" and allow the system to use its default automatic control system.

You have not told us exactly which fans you have, nor how many of them are connected to that SYS_FAN header using that fan Splitter. NOTE that this is a SPLITTER which draws all power for its fans from the host header. It is NOT a HUB that gets fan power from the PSU. The header is limited to a max of 1.0 A current to all fans connected to it. You need to check the specs of your fans and calculate the max power they will try to get from that header. That cannot exceed 1.0 A.