Question case fans set to kick in on a certain temp?

May 19, 2019
hi, recently bought a brand new pc that came in the CIT raider case with 3 RBG fans on front and 1 on the back, the case fans arent spinning, contacted the seller and he said the fans are set to kick in on a certain temp, most temp ive seen is 82.. anyone know how to stop them and set them so theyre always on?

May 19, 2019
im not sure, ive had pc about 3 days now and they havent been on at all, so i contacted seller and he said they come on at a certain temp, but today was just on youtube doing nothing and all of a sudden all 4 case fans came on so im not sure what is happening

theycallmechris

Prominent
Nov 14, 2018
Have you checked in the BIOS of your system to see if they have set-up a custom fan curve? That is to say if the fans are plugged into the fan headers on the mother board.

They may have set the curves to be something like a "Silent Mode" through the BIOS so during normal operation the fans don't spin to keep things quiet and only come on after the CPU reaches a certain temp and need more fresh air to cool it.

May 19, 2019
Have you checked in the BIOS of your system to see if they have set-up a custom fan curve? That is to say if the fans are plugged into the fan headers on the mother board.

They may have set the curves to be something like a "Silent Mode" through the BIOS so during normal operation the fans don't spin to keep things quiet and only come on after the CPU reaches a certain temp and need more fresh air to cool it.

tbh i dont know much about PCs or about BIOS, i have a quick look in the BIOS settings couldnt see anything like that, my fans a currently on now first time since ive had the pc and in the bios is still says theyre running at 0RPM

catboat1

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
hi, recently bought a brand new pc that came in the CIT raider case with 3 RBG fans on front and 1 on the back, the case fans arent spinning, contacted the seller and he said the fans are set to kick in on a certain temp, most temp ive seen is 82.. anyone know how to stop them and set them so theyre always on?
Can't you just connect the fans directly to the psu vs connecting to the mobo headers?

May 19, 2019
Basically when i first got my pc my cans fans wasnt spinning then after a day or two they randomly started working, they've been working for about 4-5 weeks now but today i went into device manger and scanned for hardware changes and they've stopped spinning again? anyone got any ideas? i cant seem to get them back on now :( fairly new to PC's so not sure what im doing to be honest

May 19, 2019
stick with 1 thread
i bought a new pc about 3 months ago, and ive notice that my frotn 3 case fans and 1 back one turns off sometimes and i have no idea why or how to get them back on.. ive check bios and it says theyre running at 0rpm even when theyre on..

theyre connected to a hub and thats all plugged in properly.. the RGB light stay on constantly just the fans which seem to go on and off

TRENDING THREADS