[SOLVED] Case fans stopped working and I found this lose wire..

Solution
Got it fixed! Just matched the striped wire to the same coming out other side (far right pin) Also a couple loose connections but now I'm back In business!

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
check another similar fan, in your system, or online.
lookup the model on the fan's label sticker.

Those little connectors, you just push them in, and they lock into place...line it up so it looks like it's oriented like the other pin.

If I had to guess, I'd say try the third pin...

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
Disclaimer: as always, be careful...there is a risk of shorting something else, or bricking the motherboard...
I think fans are generally two kinds, Voltage-regulated (3-pin) or PWM-controlled (4-pin)...

have you found a model number for the fan, they should be ThermalTake fans installed in that case (clearly)...

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
The pictures online show three (3) intake fans on the front of the case...two fans in the top of the case...and one exhaust fan in the back of the case...is this all correct for your setup...are all the other fans working? how are they all plugged in?

Dec 8, 2019
They are Daisy chained together. I have two on the top, one front and one rear. Only one of the top ones is working but they ALL light up.

The pictures online show three (3) intake fans on the front of the case...two fans in the top of the case...and one exhaust fan in the back of the case...is this all correct for your setup...are all the other fans working? how are they all plugged in?

Dec 8, 2019
Got it fixed! Just matched the striped wire to the same coming out other side (far right pin) Also a couple loose connections but now I'm back In business!

Solution