case for AMD Athlon 1.3GHz

than

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2001
HI, Guys:

I plan to buy a Asus A7A266 with AMD 1.33GHz CPU. Does anyboy give me some suggestions about what 300W is good and where i buy it. My system configration is:
Two IDE ATA100 harddrive
one DVD rom
one CD-RW rom
one Zip drive

FatBurger

Illustrious
Case or power supply?
I'm assuming you mean PSU, so go to <A HREF="http://www.phamcomputer.com" target="_new">Pham Computer</A> for an Enermax power supply. Flat $4 shipping, good selection.

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Ah, well they have a good Enermax case, but there are plenty of other places to look for cases.
Someone else can probably recommend one better than me.

Are you looking for some sort of high-performance cooling case, or just a normal easy-to-work-with kind of case?

If you're thinking full tower, then try <A HREF="http://www.aopen.com/products/housing/hx08.htm" target="_new">here</A>

If you like it have a look <A HREF="http://www.pctweaker.co.uk/articles/case_mod/hx08_mods.htm" target="_new">here</A> too.

Its AMD certified.
<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>

than

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2001
Thanks for your guys reponse! I am looking for the ATM mid tower case with 300W, Easy to work with and better ventilation. I know AMD Althon creats a lot of heat.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Make sure you get a power supply that has an internal exhaust fan to help cool your CPU.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
oh yeah, make sure the fan is on the bottom of the power supply, not on the back.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Most PSU (especially Enermax) have fans on the bottom and the back. Otherwise they don't really do anything, and they won't be AMD approved.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
btw...who cares if its not AMD approved??
would you still buy a good HSF even if it isn't AMD approved??

Mavicator

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
Not for an AMD, no. And we're not talking about generic parts, we're talking about the power being supplied to your processor. You wouldn't put low-quality gas in a high-performance car would you?

-- Ah sh*t! sys64738 --<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Mavicator on 07/06/01 09:44 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Were you refering to a non amd approved PSU or HSF???
Because I would by both even it wasn't approved, as long as it is QUALITY. Even a generic non-approved 300w PSU would be adequate enough for any current AMD processor.

btw--I would if I lived in Cali :smile:

G

Than,
I have a 1.33 GHz Althlon with the A7M266 mobo. The case that I use is an Antec Mid-Tower KS282 ATX , 300 watt power supply. I highly recommend this to you. This is a great case and easy to work with. Go to pricewatch.com and put this in the search. Others may have great cases, but as far as I know this one is great. Lemme know how ya do!!!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Most PSU (especially Enermax) have fans on the bottom and the back

What was I thinking when I posted this?? Most Enermax PSUs actually DO NOT have fans on the bottom, just the back. That keeps them off the AMD Approved list. The newer ones do, and are on the list.

And yes, both my HSF and PSU are NOT on the AMD approved list, and both work great, and I have really low temperatures. (Lowest of 28c idle on my 1.2 Tbird).