Question Case gets hot after playing like 2 hour and a half and games start freezing

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
help please whats the problem, when i touched case and the cpu cooler they were both hot, but especially case tho. my case doesnt have any fans at the front, maybe thats the problem and i should buy new case with the fans in the front????

First I would check the CPU and GPU temps with a program like Afterburner or HWInfo just to see where you are.

Then I power would down and open the case up and let the machine cool a bit.

Then I would power it up and check the temps again with the case open.

If the temps are a lot lower.....then I would either add cooling to the current case.....or if that's not possible I would look at getting a new case.

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
First I would check the CPU and GPU temps with a program like Afterburner or HWInfo just to see where you are.

Then I power would down and open the case up and let the machine cool a bit.

Then I would power it up and check the temps again with the case open.

If the temps are a lot lower.....then I would either add cooling to the current case.....or if that's not possible I would look at getting a new case.
you are right... i thought the same after seeing it perform like that i'll buy new case with fans in it and i'll send the photos of my current case aswell

That blue light at front panel - isn't that a fan?

Anyway normal air circulation requires at least one frontal intake and one rear exhaust fan.
Also it seems, placement of your pc is sub-optimal. Rear exhaust is obstructed by wall. Hot air inside your pc has no way of escaping.
Plus - cpu cooler should be oriented vertically (not horizontally).

I mean - you could improve air circulation in your case (to some degree) ...
but new modern case with proper air-flow, fan filters, cable management would look so much better.

Meshify-C-Mini_1-1440x1440.jpg

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/meshify/meshify-c-mini-dark-tempered-glass/black/

Last edited:

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019

Anyway normal air circulation requires at least one frontal intake and one rear exhaust fan.
Also it seems, placement of your pc is sub-optimal. Rear exhaust is obstructed by wall. Hot air inside your pc has no way of escaping.

but new modern case with proper air-flow, fan filters, cable management would look so much better.

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/meshify/meshify-c-mini-dark-tempered-glass/black/
thanks thats exactly what i thought about after facing this problem, will definetly buy a new case with exhaust and intake fans, thanks for your help.

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019

Deepcool MATREXX 50, Middle Tower
is it a good option? it looks cool tho and has upper, exhaust and intake fans. can it fit with my mb tho? its h61m-e

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
personaly id save some money on a new case, from looks of yours you can easily add several fans, looks like 2 onbottom, 1 in back. I would add the back fan as exaust and also realign the CPU cooler to have the fan facing front and blowing threw to the Exhaust . look's like the case has 0 fans (beside the CPU cooler.. I myself would try that before buying anew case, i also noticed that the PSU looks as if it exhaust
right into the CPU cooler, so turning this vertical may help keep that cooler as well

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
before buying anew case, id make sure youll be able to hook up the front panel, there was a post the other day and the person bought a new case however his Motherboard (being a prebuilt older motherboard ) the front panel connectors DID NOT match his motherboard so he was unable to use the front panel on his new case
, just something to be mindful of with older hardware and newer cases, sometimes its not as simple as take apart and rebuild

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
personaly id save some money on a new case, from looks of yours you can easily add several fans, looks like 2 onbottom, 1 in back. I would add the back fan as exaust and also realign the CPU cooler to have the fan facing front and blowing threw to the Exhaust . look's like the case has 0 fans (beside the CPU cooler.. I myself would try that before buying anew case, i also noticed that the PSU looks as if it exhaust
right into the CPU cooler, so turning this vertical may help keep that cooler as well
yeah but i think there no space at the bottom tho :(

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I see the new case you are looking at has UBS 3.0 on front , as well 1 USB 2.0.. Im almost 100% sure youll NOT be able to hookup the USB 3 where that is newer tech and requires a different connection to USB 2.0.. (assuming your board is older ) You can buy an adapter that converts USB3.0 into a 2.0conection, but that's extra cost too.. Id still try to get a few fans and try that before buying anew case

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
ok well first measure the hole space, see if its a 90-mm or 120mm, once you know the size all 3 should be the same (although sometimes back is bigger than others ) but not often.. to be safe measure each space. then youll mount the 2 bottom as intake, redo the CPU cooler if you can to have fan face forward blowing threw to the back exhaust fan. the 2 fans on bottom will also help keep GPU cooler.. a new case is always an option just be mindful of the USB 3.0 as im sure it will be usless to you. personally though I would still keep the case you have and get 3 fans. just set up as 2 bottom intake , 1 back exhaust .

Those bottom fan positions are unusable (unless you place your pc case on some legs or something).
Air-flow there will be severely obstructed (if any at all).
Plus - there are no fan filters. It will suck all the dust from floor.

Nah. That old case looks like 10-15 years old. Utterly inferior to any modern case.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
most fans are both intake and exaust depending on how you mount them. to bring air in you have the face side of fan facing out, (the lable sticker on back, some fans have markers on them showing the way the fan spins as well which side air blows threw. but if not the Face side faces the ay you wish the air to go, so for intake you have it face out, for exaust its reversed, its easy enough to tell though

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
Those bottom fan positions are unusable (unless you place your pc case on some legs or something).
Air-flow there will be severely obstructed (if any at all).
Plus - there are no fan filters. It will suck all the dust from floor.

Nah. That old case looks like 10-15 years old. Utterly inferior to any modern case.
I agree his case is old and not as great as a new case however a new case might not allow connection to front panel and for sure not USB3.0.. so its a trade off I suppose, .. new case and Hope you can connect front panel (maybe only get USB 2.0 and no USB 3.0 ) .. and you can put filters on fan before installing them so that is simple and cheaper than new case.. and putting a couple blocks under tower is also simple and cheaper