Question Case my mobo doesn't seem to have a port to connect my fan hub.

PMoney

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
I'm building a new gaming PC, and everything went well except for the system fans (CPU fan is fine). Sorry in advance for not knowing the correct names for the cables, I'll try to describe and post pics once it's subitted.

My case: https://www.thermaltake.com/view-37-rgb-edition.html

My Mobo:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X470-GAMING-PRO#down-manual

The case has a fan hub/controller where all the system fans plug into it (they are 6 small pin inline). That same hub/controller has a motherboard in 5v DI GND which has 3 pin male. I'm assuming this is where it gets power for the fans(?). However, there is no place on my mobo for the cable that came with the case.

The cables I have (which both would fit into the fan hub mobo in described above) have 3 female pin holes on one end:

1) Says TKG on one side, and on the other an arrow, a D and a +5 V. This is the length of 4 small inline pins but one of the middle ones is closed/filled.

2) Has 3 small inline pins, and has "V D G" printed on it.

Neither of these fit anywhere on my mobo, which has a lot of SYSFAN 4pin spot.

Is there an adapter that can help me connect to either the SYSFAN 4pin spot or to to PSU?

There are a few other ports on my Mobo open, but none seems to be an obvious fit, unless im supposed to plug it into a certain area of a larger series of double-row pins.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE. This is the only thing holding me back from being done with my build...

Lutfij

Titan
1. The hub isn't mentioned in the manual but it is mentioned on the product page.

2. Is an ARGB cable. Your board doesn't have the header on the board. It does however have a 5050RGB header which ins't compatible with your fans on the case.

PMoney

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
1. The hub isn't mentioned in the manual but it is mentioned on the product page.

2. Is an ARGB cable. Your board doesn't have the header on the board. It does however have a 5050RGB header which ins't compatible with your fans on the case.

Thanks Lutfij. And to confirm, ARGB aside, there's no way to power it with this mobo, even if it means I can't control the RGB (ie. I can't power it from PSU directly)?

if not, since the RGB isn't a big priority for me, it seems like the best move would be to swap cases, and move the whole mobo/cpu/gpu build to a new case that has more traditional cable setup (?).