Case Power Button not Turning on Computer but CPU Fan Moves

Erilis000

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Greetings Tom's Hardware community. First time poster, long time lurker.

I'm building a PC and after having a successful POST test and securing all the parts in place inside the case, I'm having trouble with powering it on with the power button on the case.

What Happens:
I turn power on the PSU and can see a few lights on the case working, light on the GPU working and press the power button. What happens then is I hear a faint buzz or zap from the PSU and see the CPU fan whirl for just a second and then nothing...

Troubleshooting:
I knew my first POST test worked with the mobo, CPU, & RAM outside the case, so I tried removing the power switch & LED cables from the mobo and turning it on using a screwdriver on the power switch pins and EVERYTHING worked! The 5 fans in the case where moving, the CPU fan moving, the GPU lit up red, the case lit up blue and the boot prompt showed on screen! Marvelous! But I ain't doing this to turn on my computer every time... I shut it down and put the power switch & LED cables from the case back into the pins on the mobo, double checking again the positive/negative connections were correct and the same result: I hear a quiet zap from the PSU and the CPU fan moves for a second then stops.

What I'll Try Next:
I'm thinking when I get off work today I'll try flipping the power switch cable just in case the negative and positive are labeled incorrectly. I'm also going to try plugging the reset cable into the power switch pins on the mobo as I've seen suggested elsewhere. Other than that I can't think of anything else other than replacing the power button cable.

Pls Help:
What I just find odd is that pressing the power button does something (cpu fan spin & zap sound) so the connection from the power button is definitely talking with the mobo, but not effectively... Any suggestions? Any idea on what's wrong here?

Thanks

Here's my hardware: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Erilis000/saved/hC3ZLk