[SOLVED] Case RGB not syncing

Sep 15, 2020
Hello I have a Corsair iCue 220T case and a Asus ROG X570-e gaming motherboard. The lights for my wraith prism cooler and the lights on the mother board are working. The hub that controllers the other fans in the case leds doesn’t seem to be working. How can I fix this?

Solution
Two ways to do this.

As Mtop stated, the hub must be connected to a motherboard usb header. But when using it like this you must use the iCUE software to control the RGB. The RBG are the 4 pin headers and are 12 volts. The aRGB is a 3pin header and is 5 volts. To sync everything you have to use the iCUE software and there is an SDK to sync it with Aura.

Or, you get enough splitters to bypass the hub and use the RGB and aRGB headers. The aRGB can handle about 120 LED's if memory serves correctly. Then you don't need iCUE and can une only Aura.

If you use iCUE be aware the software cannot control the aRGB headers. And according to Corsair iCUE never will.
Someone please correct me if Im wrong but the case fans are RGB and not ARGB so cant be controlled by your motherboards software. Usually there is a hub for case fans that plugs via SATA directly to your PSU which can either be controlled by a button on the case or a remote. To be honest, Ive always found ARGB software temperamental. The best software to control your Wraith Prism is from the link below. (but only plug in the usb cable and take the rgb cable off.)

https://landing.coolermaster.com/pages/amd-ryzen-wraith-prism-rgb-software/

Two ways to do this.

As Mtop stated, the hub must be connected to a motherboard usb header. But when using it like this you must use the iCUE software to control the RGB. The RBG are the 4 pin headers and are 12 volts. The aRGB is a 3pin header and is 5 volts. To sync everything you have to use the iCUE software and there is an SDK to sync it with Aura.

Or, you get enough splitters to bypass the hub and use the RGB and aRGB headers. The aRGB can handle about 120 LED's if memory serves correctly. Then you don't need iCUE and can une only Aura.

If you use iCUE be aware the software cannot control the aRGB headers. And according to Corsair iCUE never will.

Solution