[SOLVED] Case static issue

Feb 8, 2021
Hi all,

I had an issue connecting my motherboard to a new case. When I have connected all on it, nothing responded (I was already thinking the worst) but as soon as I removed from the case, connected everything in the top of the bag of the motherboard, all responds and works as it should. I am aware that the issue then comes from the case, which somewhere is doing contact most probably on the back of the motherboard. I was wondering if it is any tip to avoid this to happen and be able to connect the motherboard in place as it should without this happening.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Regards,
Francisco

Solution
Hi all,

I had an issue connecting my motherboard to a new case. When I have connected all on it, nothing responded (I was already thinking the worst) but as soon as I removed from the case, connected everything in the top of the bag of the motherboard, all responds and works as it should. I am aware that the issue then comes from the case, which somewhere is doing contact most probably on the back of the motherboard. I was wondering if it is any tip to avoid this to happen and be able to connect the motherboard in place as it should without this happening.

Regards,
Francisco
When you go to mount the motherboard...look very carefully to make sure the only things touching the case are the...
Hi all,

Regards,
Francisco
When you go to mount the motherboard...look very carefully to make sure the only things touching the case are the standoffs or anything else that is designed to be touching the case...like a back panel bracket perhaps. I think something may be touching the case that shouldn't be.

Also....when you snug the screws for the motherboard...does it stress the motherboard?
I've seen where a stressed motherboard wouldn't function.

Solution