[SOLVED] Case with 320mm GPU clearance --- is that enough ?

Solution
Is the color of the case important it will limit your choice.

This is a fairly common length limitation. You will note that you could in theory remove one of the front fans and use a longer card.
I suspect it will take some fiddling around to get it installed when you are at the limit. If you could remove the front panel and fan install the card and then put the fan back it would likely be easier. All depends on how the case is built.

Unless the color is really important lian li has a new 216 case that will take even the longest 4090 cards for about $100.

This is a fairly common length limitation. You will note that you could in theory remove one of the front fans and use a longer card.
I suspect it will take some fiddling around to get it installed when you are at the limit. If you could remove the front panel and fan install the card and then put the fan back it would likely be easier. All depends on how the case is built.

Unless the color is really important lian li has a new 216 case that will take even the longest 4090 cards for about $100.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution

floorcleaner

Commendable
Jan 1, 2021

Oh, i want black linked pink by mistake. The case you mentioned costs almost double the price.
Also, is it true that even with the fan installed, all cases have 5–10 mmt more than what is specified?

https://www.theitdepot.com/details-...Tower+Chassis+(G99.LAN216RW.IN)_C5P38681.html

https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Adata+XPG+Starker+Air+Mid-Tower+Chassis+-+Black_C5P36781.html

Last edited:
You never know some manufacture as very accurate with their measurement.

In the case you prefer it all depends on where exactly that front fan is. Since it can take 3 but only ships with 1 maybe it will fit all the way on the top position where it doesn't block the video card. It all depends if there is some kind of bracket that the fans mount to. There does not appear to be any detailed documentation.

You can never tell on prices when you look at different countries. There is a cheaper 216 case without the RGB fanes but it does not appear your vendor has it in stock. They just came out in the USA a week or so ago.

Part of the reason the lian li case is more expensive is it has 3 fans all of which are much larger than the 2 fans that come with the adata case. Fans tend to be the thing that makes case prices go up and there is a big difference between a very cheap fan and more average priced fans.

You could also I guess move the fan to the top and use as a exit fan and pull air through the front panel passively.

Reactions: floorcleaner

floorcleaner

Commendable
Jan 1, 2021
You never know some manufacture as very accurate with their measurement.

In the case you prefer it all depends on where exactly that front fan is. Since it can take 3 but only ships with 1 maybe it will fit all the way on the top position where it doesn't block the video card. It all depends if there is some kind of bracket that the fans mount to. There does not appear to be any detailed documentation.

You can never tell on prices when you look at different countries. There is a cheaper 216 case without the RGB fanes but it does not appear your vendor has it in stock. They just came out in the USA a week or so ago.

Part of the reason the lian li case is more expensive is it has 3 fans all of which are much larger than the 2 fans that come with the adata case. Fans tend to be the thing that makes case prices go up and there is a big difference between a very cheap fan and more average priced fans.

You could also I guess move the fan to the top and use as a exit fan and pull air through the front panel passively.
Can you tell me if it's ok if there is only a 3-5 mm gap between the GPU and the front fan? If it's not, i can buy this one. https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Deepcool+CG560+Mid-Tower+Case+(R-CG560-BKAAE4-G-1)_C5P35227.html

There are 2 different issues. The first being does it fit at all. If it actually touches the fan then something can get damaged.
The second is how much does it block the air flow. That topic is more for a fluid dynamics engineer to know. But basically if you were to have say a flat piece of plastic close the air be partially blocked. But it depends on some many variable, when you consider they have special fans that are best placed with no gap say on a radiator to help force air though.

I think this is almost a none question if you do not have issues with what appears to be about $10 US between the cases. The video card will have no issue fitting in the second case and you get more fans.
Front: 3×120mm Rear: 1×140mm

The first case only has
Front: 1x120mm Rear 1x120mm

You would have to look up reviews on the cases to see if there are any strange issues.

floorcleaner

Commendable
Jan 1, 2021
I ordered XGP because the card i am going to get is only 300 mm, not 320 mm, as I confirmed with the seller.
There are 2 different issues. The first being does it fit at all. If it actually touches the fan then something can get damaged.
The second is how much does it block the air flow. That topic is more for a fluid dynamics engineer to know. But basically if you were to have say a flat piece of plastic close the air be partially blocked. But it depends on some many variable, when you consider they have special fans that are best placed with no gap say on a radiator to help force air though.

I think this is almost a none question if you do not have issues with what appears to be about $10 US between the cases. The video card will have no issue fitting in the second case and you get more fans.
Front: 3×120mm Rear: 1×140mm

The first case only has
Front: 1x120mm Rear 1x120mm

You would have to look up reviews on the cases to see if there are any strange issues.
Thank you so much :)). I ordered XGP because the card i am going to get is only 300 mm, not 320 mm, as I confirmed with the seller. Also, it looks much better than my current case Antec GX202. Finally, i am getting something that looks like a proper game case haha..