case with a psu included any good for my components?

Diosa20

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015
these are the components i will be building into the case tomorrow
amd fx 6300
120gb ssd
500gb hdd
gigabyte rx 460 4gb
gigabyte SKT-AM3 78LMT-USB3 motherboard
and the case is a cit templar https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0064KS2N2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
comes with a 500w psu i was on a tight budget as i couldnt afford to get a psu and a case without the bundle so do you think this will blow up? or short any components? thanks for reading and happy holidays!

Kavinqt

Distinguished
It's a generic POS 500w psu, I wouldn't trust it really lol. But if its all you can afford then it should do fine. I'd recommend replacing it within a year though, The sooner the better. I must say though fx series is meh, don't expect the most amazing frames with this build, but I'm sure it will hold you up.

Diosa20

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015

the build im doing is my second build
my current pc has a 17 4790 a gtx 1060 so im only building this pc as a console streaming pc for my bedroom

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
Hi,

I personally would replace the PSU. Don't trust PSUs come with the case unless they are at least Bronze and 80+ certified, they can be dangerous if they don't have modulator to prevent over power into the PC. Also they might fail in providing enough power to your PC, so you will end with black screen, or PC goes off randomly, and most probably it will die fast.

As for the components, if you are looking for recommendations:
If you are not in a rush,
1- Wait until AMD CPUs comes out they support DDR4 (Market price will drop for both Intel and AMD), but if you want to get something now get the FX-8xxx
2- The SSD, you will need more than 120GB. At least 240GB should be good enough.
3- The cooler comes with AMD is not bad, but if the case does not provide a lot of air in you might have high temps.
4- For the GPU it is not bad and cheap, but if you are looking for better and in the same time cheap get RX 470-480 (XFX GTR).

Regards,

Diosa20

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015

thank you for your response could you link me a decent psu thats cheap and that can fit in the case as its a bit small
and the psu isnt that big ill replace it asap with a 80 bronze but i cant go ov er 30 british pounds do you think a 400 watt is more than enough?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Superbly better than the original one. Still not exactly the best quality but in a pinch....

If you can find a way:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CP-9020101-UK-CX450M-Semi-Modular-Bronze/dp/B01C3FFOHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483025284&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+cx450m

This is your safest bet.

Diosa20

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

DO NOT buy that model, its significantly different than the one I linked despite the CX name. Its garbage. You're better off with the EVGA if you can't afford the one I suggested.

Diosa20

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

No reason to buy that, its way more power than you need, the 400w EVGA you linked is identical in terms of construction.

The reason i point you towards the Corsair CX450M is that its far better QUALITY. You do not need more power, you want a better quality PSU.

As for if it will fit in the case, that case accepts an ATX PSU, any of these lower wattage units will fit in there perfectly fine.

Diosa20

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015

ok thank you so much for replying to me and helping me, i ordered the one you linked me so it will fit in my cit templar case? im not the best at knowing about pc's i just know how to put them together lol