Case with LOTS of fans??

weatherphobia

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Is there a computer case out there that has a LOT, perhaps excessive, of intake and exhaust plus inner fans? I've checked newegg and it's limited to 3 x 120mm fans but I want more.

What I want is a case 'mid-tower' that has 3 120mm fans as intake just behind the front door, and 2 or 3 120mm fans as exhaust out the back, or 1 120mm inner and 2 x 120mm exhast, PLUS a Top fan of 140mm or large used to exhast the heat from the case. All that for less than $150

Does such a case exist or could someone point me to one that comes CLOSE to what I described?

thanks a lot

Zenthar

Distinguished
The only case I know that is close to what you are looking for is the Antec 1200:
■3 x 120mm blue LED front fan
■2 x 120mm blue LED rear fan
■1 x 200mm top fan
■1 x 120mm side fan (optional)

But It costs 210$ I think ....

Zenthar

Distinguished
I'm not even sure what he asked would even be physically possible. Just the "3 120mm fans as intake just behind the front door", that means >14" for the fans alone if they were not spaced and if there was no "headroom" for CD/DVD and the frame itself.

Zenthar is right - You are not going to be able to find a mid-tower ATX case with three 120mm fans in front and still have a bay left over for an optical drive. You'll have to look for a full tower ATX case for what you want.

Zenthar

Distinguished
IMO, if you need that much cooking, you might want to consider water cooling. You can use cheaper casings, it will cool better and will be much quieter. Many cheap casings even come with water hose holes now, no need to drill them yourself.

weatherphobia

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Umm Well I guess that settles the issue for good. I guess in 2 years when some company makes a mid-tower with 10 fans people will call in futuristic amazingful and fantastic and think back to my post.

Zenthar

Distinguished
What you want is airflow, not # of fans. My "old" Xaser III has like 7 fans, but they are only 80mm ones that pushed 37CFM and produced 30dBA, now you can get a single 120mm fan that pushes 78CFM (more than twice as much) for only 21dBA. I think in the future we will either see bigger fans being used (like the 200mm on top of the Antec 900) rather than more numerous ones. I also home that there would be breakthroughs in thermal conductivity so heat pipes and things like that could work even better.

weatherphobia

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
I remember the laughter on the Internet when people discussed the possibility of Quad-core cpu's at the consumer market level. People told jokes for months and talked about silly things like it would be physically too large to fit into a case and they would say the thing would heat up a room to 110F if only left on for a few minutes...lots of silly stuff that got laughed at in the past and are now not only happening but at a smaller scale, cheaper and better in all ways than was even previewed.

Keep advising me though as I am new to this home building pc business and will need all the help I can find.

p.s. For the smart kids in the room:Global Warming is necessary and needed for our planet to function well enough to support all the life on it today. Lowering global temp through artificial means will be akin to pouring water into your gas tank thinking it's both cleaner and cheaper at the same time.

mwayne5

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2008
This isn't exactly what you want, but it has a lot of fans.

One in the front, one in the back, two on the side, and two on the top. Sacrifice three of the 5.25" bays and throw in one of these and you have two in the front. I think that's as closest as you can get with a mid sized tower. Also, you can grab some pci slot fans if you have room, and some power supplies have a 120 exhaust in them, so I guess you can count that as another.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007

One of the most idiotic things I've read in my lifetime.
"lowering global temp through artificial means" - I certainly hope you're joking

Edit: I now understand you forum nickname, it seems to me like you're on a crusade to inform everyone that global warming is a joke.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Whether or not you believe in global warming (which I believe in for the most part), air quality in most major metro areas is horrible, and that is undeniable. Ask the people of Los Angeles, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Tokyo about air quality. That is definitely caused by humans, no question about that. I don't for a second believe your artificial means comment, because the actions being taken are to reverse the effects industrialization has caused the natural world.

Your "support all life" comment is rediculous, you need to research some of the species that have gone extinct (or are greatly engangered) due to the changing oceananic temperatures.

mwayne5

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2008
yeah, look above at my post that got caught up in the stupid and irrelevant discussion that has been going on. That case I posted has as many fans as you are going to get in a midsize tower.

weatherphobia

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Thanks for your replies one and all and also thanks for looking past our differences. Our differences is what make us great. :)

I decided to go with this one here.
$ 94.99 RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black Steel ATX Mid Foldout MB Case 500W

I need that wattage and it SEEMS to have enough fans and airflow.....what's everyone's judgment on this decision?

The case looks decent enough, but I would never put a Raidmax PSU into one of my computers. Raidmax PSU's have a reputation of going out in a blaze of glory and taking other hardware with them. You're better off going with the version without the PSU and picking up a quality unit from Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic, Antec, OCZ, Zalman, etc... What hardware are you using?

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
^ +1

And there's a reason that commercially available cases don't look like this
pic_front2.jpg

Because highly educated people design them with thermo and hydrodynamics considered. More does not always=better.

AMDThunder

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
^^^Lol, that case is awesome!

Sorry to bring it up again, but global warming? Back in the early to mid 70's, scientists were saying the earth was cooling, and if it continued, we'd eventually not be able to grow crops.